2011-2012 Special Engagements include:
THE NUTCRACKER
RAIN - A TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES
SPAMALOT

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#76In The Heights NASHVILLE Ticket contest
Posted: 3/16/11 at 9:02am

"It's interesting that Blue Man Group is doing a theatre tour and coming to cities as part of the Broadway season. I have nothing against the show and I'm thrilled to see it, just doesn't seem like a typical show in a Broadway season."

It's already been out on the road for a year... we got it in Cleveland last October as the season opener. I have nothing against the show, either, but it's definitely aimed towards crowd-pleasing. It's unashamedly a Blue Man Group arena show scaled down and tailored to fit a proscenium stage. While more "seasoned" theatregoers would absolutely enjoy a play or musical instead, this show is an easy, safe sell, and the general audience eats it up.

It was definitely well-performed, but I think it could have benefitted by REALLY taking advantage of the space it was in. Like I mentioned before, I walked away from it feeling like it was just scaled down and thrown into a theater. Did it have its moments? Sure. Was it a life-changing experience? Nope. In The Heights NASHVILLE Ticket contest

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 3/16/11 at 09:02 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#772011- 2012 National Tours
Posted: 3/31/11 at 11:28pm

Broadway in Tuscon just announced their season. I find it strange that Mary Poppins is doing a standard five day run from May 20-25, 2012. I doubt it's going non equity, but it's a big show to do just do for one week. Maybe they are scaling back the set to play smaller venues.

http://www.broadwayintucson.com/shows.htm

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bwayfan7000
#782011- 2012 National Tours
Posted: 3/31/11 at 11:43pm

There is already another thread about this, but...

Cleveland, 2011-2012:

Broadway Series-
Million Dollar Quartet
La Cage Aux Folles
Hair
Memphis
Addams Family
Come Fly Away
Sondheim on Sondheim

Currently Listed Extras-
Riverdance
Mamma Mia!