Papering Services?

tking001
#1Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:32pm

Im thinking of joining another papering service. I want to see new shows, Im thinking since many shows are in previews now and are trying to build buzz that they will offer tickets to the paper services. I had play by play for a year and only used it once all year I didn't like the offerings.
Can anyone recommend a good papering service? I've heard about Theatre Extras, Audience Extras, & Theatre Mania Gold-club can anyone tell me which out of those 3 is good, and worth joining?
I know members aren't allowed to say exactly what has been up but could someone give me a general idea of at least are the newer Broadway shows of the season showing up? (im not asking for names just in general),
Thanks

tking001
#2Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:33pm

Also any other good discount services to become a member of?
Im already on TDF

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:35pm

Just ask people in line if they have extra tickets.

Gothampc
#3Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:37pm

I would also be interested in suggestions. I finally quit AE because they weren't getting as good choices as Play by Play had.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

tking001
#4Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:42pm

^Lol Jordan

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#5Papering Services?
Posted: 3/30/11 at 7:26pm

I am happy with Gold Club. The selections seem to be the best.
The introductory offer comes with two tickets to Anything Goes Right now. That pays for itself.

They had Rain, Divine Sister, Girl Talk, Love Loss and What I wore, Milk Train Doesn't stop here anymore (when Olympia is out on Wed night)

I let my Audience Extras membership lapse because they seem to
be getting less and less good stuff. They were great 10 years ago but it seems to be kind of tired lately.

Hope that helps

Luv2goToShows
#6Papering Services?
Posted: 3/31/11 at 9:27am

goldenboy, the shows you mentioned have been on TDF, I am curious, what is the average ticket price to members of the Gold Club and how are the seats. I am wondering if it is worth being a member of both TDF and Gold Club. Thanks

tking001
#7Papering Services?
Posted: 3/31/11 at 9:35am

I think i read on the Goldclub site that they charge you a $4.50 service fee per ticket

The way it worked on Play by play was you set up a "Bank" and then they took from that "Bank" when you ordered tickets
im assuming goldclub works the same way

littlepaperstars
#8Papering Services?
Posted: 4/2/11 at 4:21am

No bank on gold club, they just charge the CC associated with the account.

I've been pretty happy with gold club so far. Good variety of shows, some random and frankly, bizarre shows, but on the whole some good stuff too. Because it's all papering stuff though, don't expect hits, but that really goes without saying.

I hear things go fast on play by play, but I'm also thinking of joining theater extras.

My blog: http://thebroadwaybostonian.wordpress.com/

tking001
#9Papering Services?
Posted: 4/2/11 at 2:55pm

Bump