Johanna Day in Lombardi?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 9:13pm

Walked by the theater last night and noticed Judith Light was out. However, much to my surprise, Henny Russell, who is listed in my Playbill (from the weekend before, no less) was not up on the board as being on that evening. According to the board, Marie Lombardi was to be played by Johanna Day. Did Henny Russell leave the company? Has Day been an uncredited the entire run? Anyone know?

Dollypop
#2Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 9:23pm

No.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

sowren1020 Profile Photo
sowren1020
#2Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:54pm

Henny Russell is cast in the new show at the Globe Theatre. Here's the press release:

http://www.theatermania.com/san-diego/news/04-2011/david-bishins-colin-mcphillamy-henny-russell-et-al_35946.html

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/8/11 at 8:30am

What a lucky audience--talk about luxury standby casting!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

iluvtheatertrash
#4Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/8/11 at 8:33am

When did Johanna Day join the cast? Huge fan of hers and would love to catch her performance.

Didn't even realize Henny Russell was the standby to Light. Indeed, AC -- luxury casting!!!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#5Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/8/11 at 11:35am

It had to be recently, because I saw the matinee on Saturday, and Henny Russell was still listed as the standby.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#6Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/8/11 at 12:09pm

Playbill Online doesn't have a stand-by listed for Marie at the moment. Maybe they'll have an update next week? I hope Johanna Day is the new stand-by--I will see her in anything.
Lombardi Who's Who

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth
Updated On: 4/8/11 at 12:09 PM

tangledweb Profile Photo
tangledweb
#7Johanna Day in Lombardi?
Posted: 4/9/11 at 6:22pm

Yes! I happen to know that she is the uncredited temporary standby while Henny Russell is away. She went on this past week and will be going on again for Judith Light April 12th and 13th. I can't wait to see her! She's one of my "faves".
Updated On: 4/9/11 at 06:22 PM