pixeltracker

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited- Page 9

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#200Company on screen
Posted: 6/23/11 at 7:39pm

That line jumped out at me in the film, too. The way she said it was different than I'd ever heard it done before, and suddenly it didn't seem to make any sense. Though I can't say that among all of the things in Company I've given excessive though to, that's not one of them. I think she just means, as trite as this is going to sound, life, and I always heard it as a very generic line. But JLT's reading of it seemed to be getting at something very specific; I just can't tell what.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#201Company on screen
Posted: 6/24/11 at 2:42pm

Best--who has reported watching it with three other people? I'm missing these posts...

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#202Company on screen
Posted: 6/24/11 at 4:48pm

I saw it for a 3rd time last night in Playa del Rey with the largest of any of the shows that I attended probably just under 100. Was a different experience because the music was definitely Dolby surround sound. It was really loud compared to the first two times I saw it. I heard more of the orchestra than I did the first two times, but they overpowered the singers so the lyrics weren't all that clear at times. Even the film looked different. Was this filmed in HD? I thought I read it wasn't but it looked liked it was. Certainly looked better than the 1st two times I saw it. This theatre used a Blu Ray disc and the projectionist even fast forwarded thru the two miserable commercials that I despised and then paused it to stop at the NY Philharmonic title to begin exactly at 7:30 pm. Once again I loved it; so did the audience with loud applause at the end. I'm hoping that it will come out on Blu Ray; I'll buy it!

johnpressman
#203Company on screen
Posted: 6/24/11 at 10:55pm

Wicked, did you see it at the Rave 14 theaters?

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#204Company on screen
Posted: 6/25/11 at 12:45am

Wicked, did you see it at the Rave 14 theaters?

Yup I did!

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#205Company on screen
Posted: 6/25/11 at 8:00pm

Oh, well, the only extra screening for me is kinda far away and is when I can't go... Guess I'll have to hope for a dvd release.

BTW, My husband and I saw it with just three other people in the theater.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose