pixeltracker

Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte

Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#1Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte
Posted: 7/13/11 at 1:47pm

http://www.wfae.org/wfae/18_93_0.cfm?do=detail&id=13505

It's downloaded as an Mp3. It's actually a great interview, the interviewer is enthusiastic and there are call-ins.

She was also considered for Jenna on 30 Rock. I didn't know that.

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."
Updated On: 7/13/11 at 01:47 PM

breathyfemalevocal
#2Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte
Posted: 7/13/11 at 8:02pm

Thank you so much for posting this link. I have tickets for 3 performances in Charlotte this weekend: Friday night, Sat afternoon and Sunday night, and this interview really sets the mood.

A lot of talk about Alice's missed performances gives the impression that she is no longer giving her all to Diana, and this discussion invalidates that argument. Her thoughtfulness and revelations about her daily approach to Next To Normal show her to be an actor worth appreciating and emulating.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte
Posted: 7/13/11 at 8:07pm

Somewhat insightful interview, cool!!!

I am so, so excited about catching Ripley. Will be at all four weekend performances, lol.

My favourite part:

Interviewer: "Your vocal quality in this [solo album recording] is very different from this than you use in the show, deliberate?

*awkward silence*

Interviewer: Or a requirement for the material in the show

Ripley: That's what it is, yeah, and, it will be nice to have a break from all singing for a while

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#3Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte
Posted: 7/14/11 at 12:01am

qolbinau - I am so excited for you to finally see Ripley! She just had an INCREDIBLE run in Washington DC. It felt like Broadway era Alice all over again. She was on fire - crazy eyes and every thing. It was just perfect. It was my fourth tour stop and easily to best one yet. Her voice didn't sound too strained and she added an incredible riff during You Don't Know that I have never heard before. I was mind blown both times, and was thrilled to end my weekend seeing Pearl Sun for the first time.

I hope you let us know what you think! :)

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#4Radio Interview with Alice Ripley in Charlotte
Posted: 7/14/11 at 12:17am

Have front row tix for Sat. matinee. Here's hopin I get some Alice lovin'

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."

Videos