pixeltracker

Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go

Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go

taorminateatrogroup Profile Photo
taorminateatrogroup
#1Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/13/11 at 5:24pm

It's sad to see it go, yet Spiderman (Which was terrible) is still around. Hopefully not for longer though. Why is this?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/13/11 at 5:28pm

Yes.

AwesomeDanny
#2Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/13/11 at 5:28pm

Spiderman is making a lot more money. If the length of a show's run were based on how good the show was, would Cats have really run as long as it did? And no matter how bad a show is, it's quite rude to wish so many actors and crew members out of work. All those people working on Spiderman have pretty steady jobs for working in the theater, and it's just mean to wish that the show would close.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#3Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/13/11 at 6:04pm

Spider-Man was not terrible. At least I didn't think so. Wishing a show to close is wishing a large group of hardworking people to be unemployed, which is never a good thing. Spider-Man is doing which is why it is open. Catch Me If You Can earned barely half of its gross potential which is why it is closing.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#4Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/14/11 at 3:13am

I didn't know Catch Me If You Can was so great, either - maybe I saw a different show.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#5Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/14/11 at 2:03pm

Broadway shows don't open and close by committee vote. Each has its own producers and set of circumstances that dictate its run. Spiderman is doing great business right now and Catch Me isn't. There ya go! While Spiderman may still be losing money, the producers obviously have a lot to lose by just closing it now. Catch Me doesn't have the same producer power behind it, and if they're losing money on a regular basis, they're going to close it.

Have you seen Catch Me OP? It's a troubled show with some good performances that obviously didn't catch on with the general public. There ya go! Get the cast album (It's much better than the show) and let it live there.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#6Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/14/11 at 2:10pm

I certainly love the cast recording, every song. And the video clips I've seen from it all look terrific. Alas, I'll have to wait for the tour to see it live. Here's hoping it actually happens.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

Nettik
#7Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/14/11 at 2:13pm

I was hoping to make it down to the city to see this in the fall, but I'll have to wait for the tour. Any word on casting for the tour yet?

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#8Sad to see Catch Me If You Can go
Posted: 8/14/11 at 7:43pm

I'm very sorry to hear of this show closing. I've read the mixed reviews and have heard some negative things about it, but I think the score's tuneful and sophisticated and the cast recording is terrific. I'd still like to have seen it, warts and all, and if it goes on tour I plan to.

Videos