News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mallardo

mallardo Profile Photo
Member Name: mallardo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bullets Over Broadway tour -- first review  Jan 18 2016, 10:19:54 AM

I was equally amazed at the quality of the performances by everyone onstage.  Whatever non-Equity means these days it sure doesn't mean bad.  I also agree with you on the all-white cast - they need to do better.

The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Jan 15 2016, 05:44:38 PM

There was a pretty good house last night - a Thursday - and the audience was very responsive.  How could they not be?  The show is magnificent and Stanley and Samonsky are sublime.  And, btw, I thought they had plenty of sexual heat.  The bonus was having JRB in the pit.  He was fun to watch, he was so into it. 

Thank You, Honeymoon in Vegas  Dec 25 2015, 07:13:30 AM

A cast recording I never stop listening to.

West End's Funny Girl opens tonight  Dec 3 2015, 08:27:02 AM

Reviews are very positive and it has been extended in the West End (before it even opens there) until Sept 10, 2016. 

West End's Funny Girl opens tonight  Dec 2 2015, 04:33:22 AM

ACT ONE

Overture

If A Girl Isn't Pretty

I'm The Greatest Star

Cornet Man

His Love Makes Me Beautiful

I Want To Be See With You

Henry Street

People

You Are Woman, I Am Man

Don't Rain On My Parade

ACT TWO

Entr'Acte

Sadie, Sadie

Who Taught Her Everything She Knows?

Temporary Arrangement

Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat (hilarious!!)

Who Are You Now?

What Do Happy People Do?

The Music

West End's Funny Girl opens tonight  Dec 1 2015, 03:25:01 AM

I saw this the other night and Sheridan is dazzling.  No, she can't sing like Streisand  but she can sell those songs and she can play this part.  She's genuinely hilariously funny and absolutely heartbreaking.  Her relationship with Darius Campbell's towering Arnstein - they have a lot of fun with her height in this, the chorus girls are also towering - is wonderful and touching.  Michael Mayer's production is smart and focused and just right.&n

Musical guilty pleasures  Nov 26 2015, 12:35:54 AM

Agree with Catch Me If You Can. 

Plus Nick & Nora.

THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 18 2015, 12:04:01 PM

^ Right.

Your favorite musical theatre song most people may not be familiar with  Oct 9 2015, 12:14:03 PM

I would join with the poster who said Raining from Rocky.  If only the rest of the score was on that level.

Personally, though, the song I listen to most is Men from Nick and Nora.  A multi-tiered story song in which four actors participate, with one - Faith Prince - knocking it out of the park.

Bullets Over Broadway tour -- first review  Oct 9 2015, 12:07:29 PM

Is this  non-Equity tour?

Broadway - UK Imports  Oct 9 2015, 12:02:35 PM

Count me in the minority that didn't like taking AVFTB back to its Greek tragedy roots.   But Charles III, on the other hand, is wonderful in every way.  Tim Piggott-Smith, as Charles, gives one of the greatest performances you will ever see.

Which Wild Party is better?  Oct 8 2013, 07:39:25 AM
Yes, LaChiusa's by a mile.
PIPPIN tops the Outer Critics Circle nominees with 11 nods  Apr 22 2013, 12:18:22 PM
The horrible Chaplin score is nominated and Matilda is not??? These noms have as much credibility as the Golden Globes.
Merrily 2012 Encore's recording  Apr 17 2013, 06:14:09 AM
^ Totally agree with that. Elizabeth Stanley is sensational throughout. I also agree that Lin Manuel Miranda is the weakest link but perhaps it's because Lonny Price was so uniquely good on the OCR. His are the biggest shoes to fill.
RIP Richard Griffiths  Mar 29 2013, 01:28:28 PM
I saw him in The Sunshine Boys with Danny DeVito in London last year - they made an unlikely but terrific team. I know there were plans to bring the show to the US. What a shame. RIP, a wonderful actor.
Catch Me if You Can ; LA tour  Mar 16 2013, 08:28:56 PM
Just caught the show in LA and LOVED it! I had never seen a non-Equity touring show before, and I was wary, but the talent level turned out to be huge. Stephen Anthony (Frank) and Merritt David Janes (Hanratty) were both terrific as was, especially, Caitlin Maloney (Paula). If it was a budget production it didn't look like it. Go see it if it comes your way.

Will Swenson starring in Encores' ...SUPERMAN  Mar 14 2013, 06:44:01 PM
What is pretty certain is that this production will rise or fall on Will Swenson's ability to approximate the genius of Jack Cassidy. But I have high hopes for him as I do for David Pittu as Dr. Sedgwick. Their duet, "You've Got What I Need" is a showstopper if they get it right.
On Your Toes at City Center  Feb 24 2013, 03:20:45 AM
I saw a terrific production of it at Reprise in LA a few years ago - Jeff Denman in the lead - and it seemed to follow the cast recording of the 1983 production quite precisely.
A Chorus Line London: 2 Acts?  Feb 22 2013, 01:08:25 PM
It's one act as always and it's wonderful.
The People Called It RAGTIME  Feb 20 2013, 03:55:26 AM
The first thing I did this morning - I'm in London - was watch the opening number now up on this site and I'm an emotional wreck. I'll have to pull myself together to face the day.

But one point, with all the talk of the greatness of this cast, let's not forget the greatness of the Original Cast and especially Marin Mazzie who stopped the show nightly with her overwhelming Back To Before. No one here has mentioned her.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You