VENUS IN FUR Reviews

bwayfan7000
#25VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:14am

Really glad to see these reviews. Can't wait to see Arianda be amazing in a few weeks!

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 1:38am

The praise for Arianda is incredibly well-deserved. She really is the next big thing.

Though I expect continued opportunities in film and television will come her way, I'm so excited to see what she does on stage in the coming years. She'd be a killer Sabina in a revival of THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH. I know she did a couple Shakespeare and Chekohov pieces at NYU, and I'd love to see her do any number of roles by either of them. Something like THE HEIDI CHRONICLES would also be a great fit later in her career. The options are limitless!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 11/9/11 at 01:38 AM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#27VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 7:46am

NY Post is mixed to positive (3 out of 4 stars):

"Once Vanda’s agenda becomes clearer, the play starts running in circles. Ives bogs down in his own cleverness, and “Venus in Fur” eventually loses steam. Still, the leads’ natural chemistry makes up for a lot -- and it’s fun being left to ponder who’s on top."

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/venus_if_you_will_fur_dominant_force_zpueCqmfjncNnLkeZKTVRJ

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 8:12am

Arianda has completely owned the stage in both productions I've seen her in. I agree with the sentiments that she's the next big thing. She's going to be a huge star.

As for the Tonys, it'll be tough, no doubt. At the moment, I think my pick might be Stockard Channing, anyway.

AGermano
#29VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/12/11 at 1:28pm

Just a general question.. anyone know the song that is played at the end of the show?

AGermano
#30VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/12/11 at 1:28pm

Just a general question.. anyone know the song that is played at the end of the show?

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#31VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/12/11 at 1:32pm

'Kiss with a Fist' by Florence and the Machine (credit goes to a poster at ATC, I had no idea either but it was mentioned there)

AGermano
#32VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/12/11 at 3:04pm

Thank you!!!! :)

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#33VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/14/11 at 1:43am

Do not know what the fuss was about
The show was a colossal bore after the first 10 minutes.

bb2324
#34VENUS IN FUR Reviews
Posted: 11/14/11 at 11:23am

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays after "Kiss with a Fist"? Thanks in advance!