pixeltracker

Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview

Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview

mdundaswood
#1Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview
Posted: 4/12/12 at 10:58pm

Hey, BroadwayWorld friends -

I feel very lucky to have recently interviewed the amazing Kaye Ballard, who is being honored later this month at the 27th Annual Bistro Awards with the Bob Harrington Lifetime Achievement award. She looks back at nearly 70 years of entertaining--and forward to her June 17 performance at Feinstein's.

Hope you enjoy reading this has much as I enjoyed speaking with her.

Mark Dundas Wood

http://simply-showbiz.com/blog/archives/25500

Ed_Mottershead
#2Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview
Posted: 4/13/12 at 2:29pm

Nice interview. I have very fond memories of Kaye Ballard, starting with the Cole Porter review she did Off-Broadway in 1965 with Harold Lang and Bobby Short. Also, we took our driver's test in California just before The Mothers-in-Law started shooting -- we were feeding each other answers to the written part of the test that neither one of us had anticipated taking.

BroadwayEd

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#2Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview
Posted: 4/13/12 at 3:18pm

I have always been fond of Kaye Ballard. I loved her in Gower Champion's CARNIVAL. Strange that her co-star James Mitchell never spoke to her during the run of the show..I also have enjoyed her records and her TV work. It was nice to read that she and Ethel Merman were friends. They are both loud and brassy. Wish I could see her at Feinsteins. It is times like that I miss living in NYC, where I lived for 33 years and saw countless shows. I look forward to reading NYTimes critic Stephen Holden's review of Ballard's show at Feinsteins.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Gaveston2
#3Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview
Posted: 4/14/12 at 4:18pm

You don't have to go to New York to see Kaye Ballard. She lives in Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs) on a street named for her and performs from time to time locally. I worked with her four years ago at the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies.

Lovely woman. Amazing talent.

theeatah Profile Photo
theeatah
#4Bistro winner Kaye Ballard: New interview
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:39pm

Did any BWWers see Ballard in Gypsy?

Videos