Broadway Vinyl

Ghostfan2
#1Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 5:55pm

I just found a few broadway cast albums on vinyl in a thrift store. Annie, Cats, Joseph, Music Man, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Evita, West Side Story.

They were $1.00 each. Could these be worth anything online? They are in mint condition. I might go back and get the other records I saw.

I know I saw La Bohome and some stuff from the 70's

ArtMan
#2Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:05pm

You can usually find those titles in many Goodwill, Salvation Army, and other thrift stores. Sometimes at even lower prices. If you find a title that sealed or a title that is rarer, it might bring in a few coins. But those titles, on average, are easy to find, and aren't worth much. (But of course, someone out there could pay). Sorry.

Updated On: 8/29/12 at 06:05 PM

Ghostfan2
#2Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:07pm

Thanks for your input. Broadway Vinyl

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#3Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:33pm

Is that the American Premiere EVITA?

ArtMan
#4Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:48pm

ClapYo'Hands, it more than likely is. It's not very hard to find it in our thrift stores. Of course, when you want to find it...then it will be difficult! I once found a sealed copy of It's A Mad Mad Mad World on vinyl. Though I could at least get $10 or more for it. But it was a vinyl reissue, so really wasn't worth anything except to a true fan or collector. But this was before ebay.

ClapYo'Hands
#5Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:50pm

I'm interested in the American Premiere Recording on vinyl (I collect). It's not easily accessible in the UK. I already have the Original London and the Original Concept.

ArtMan
#6Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:55pm

If Ghostfan2 doesn't sell his, I'll look out for it for you. You'll just have to reinburse me the cost and shipping. I wont sell it for a profit. But finding it sealed will be difficult. Do you also have the Festival Evita on LP. That is harder to find. I have a friend who has that.

ClapYo'Hands
#7Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 6:57pm

I'm not bothered about sealed (or even PERFECT condition). I'm also not bothered about the festival EVITA :) I enjoy collecting original recordings of Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals though my collection consists of hundreds.

ArtMan
#8Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:01pm

I see Evita on Amazon and ebay. Is that what you are looking for? You should have known me before I sold my record collection. Most of it was dance 12 inch. But I did collect Broadway on vinyl. I had Song and Dance, Aspects of love, Phantom, etc. They were never played. Sold them for a dollar a piece.

Ghostfan2
#9Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:09pm

yes it says the premiere american recording in red letters across the top.

I was excited to see Annie on vinyl because I havent seen that since the 70's. It was my first show.

Wish I could find the original CD before it was remastered.

Ghostfan2
#10Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:16pm

LOL i found the Annie original CD on ebay the moment I posted my last message. $10 bucks

ArtMan
#11Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:19pm

Make sure you compare the UPC code on the original to the remastered

ArtMan
#12Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:27pm

ClapYo"Hands, I also had Into The Woods on vinyl. No bends, never played...sold it for a $1.00

Ghostfan2
#13Broadway Vinyl
Posted: 8/29/12 at 7:35pm

Artman, thanks. I checked before the purchase. Its the correct one I was looking for.

Early pressing on CBS / Columbia Records CK 34712 / DIDP 020318 - UPC 07464-34712-20 **This is not the remastered version**

Updated On: 8/29/12 at 07:35 PM

Videos