pixeltracker

Ricky in Evita - any word on extension

Ricky in Evita - any word on extension

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
Posted: 9/29/12 at 8:00am

Hey guys - trying to find out if Ricky is extending or planning to extend into the new year. I am in NYC the first week in January (Jan 3-6 to be exact) and so want to see him. I am hesitant to buy tickets until I know for sure. Latest i had heard was he was in the show through the end of year. If he does extend, how far in advance do they usually announce to give the best runway for ticket sales? I would welcome any buzz out there to help me make the best decision possible.

Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
#2Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
Posted: 9/29/12 at 8:02am

God I hope not

Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.

wonkit
#2Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
Posted: 9/29/12 at 9:51am

You mean that's not his own hair?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#3Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
Posted: 9/29/12 at 10:05am

The article about the change in his performance schedule:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/169593-Evitas-Ricky-Martin-Plays-Seven-Performance-Week-Beginning-Sept-3

quotes a tweet from him stating that he would be staying in the show longer. Tickets sales were recently extended from 12/30/12 to 1/26/13, so I'm sure he'll be in the show when you're planning to come.

nodesy Profile Photo
nodesy
#4Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
Posted: 9/29/12 at 2:07pm

I'm not sure if the main cast (Elena, Ricky, and Michael) are contracted until the same date, but if so, Michael tweeted a while back that he was in it until at least January 26th. Considering Ricky's performance schedule was changed, and, like frogs_fan85 said, he tweeted he would be in the show longer, he'll most likely be there when you go. :)

Videos