News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Clopin73

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Member Name: Clopin73
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patina in Pippin - how long?
 Sep 28 2013, 09:29:25 AM
Hey theatre experts! Does anyone know how long Patina will be in Pippin? I recently read she was cast in a movie and I have tickets for the show in mid November. Andrea Martin has already left the show and I am really hoping Patina does not exit as well before I see it. Any insight is appreciated. Let me know.
Pippin or Big Fish
 Sep 8 2013, 09:04:19 AM
Greetings Broadway Experts,

I need counsel on deciding which show to see when I am visiting in mid November. I am torn between Pippin and Big Fish. One Big Top adventure versus another. I was sold on Pippin because I so wanted to see Andrea Martin, but now that she is gone I am open to seeing another show instead. Big Fish has good pre-Broadway buzz but Pippin did win the Tony. I am conflicted - what do you all recommend?

Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
 Jun 11 2013, 10:20:12 PM
I am planning an NYC theatre trip for mid-November of this year. Does anyone know if the Stark and Billy are still expected to be in the roles at that time? My guess is they signed a year contract but I could be wrong. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.
Ricky in Evita - any word on extension
 Sep 29 2012, 08:00:19 AM
Hey guys - trying to find out if Ricky is extending or planning to extend into the new year. I am in NYC the first week in January (Jan 3-6 to be exact) and so want to see him. I am hesitant to buy tickets until I know for sure. Latest i had heard was he was in the show through the end of year. If he does extend, how far in advance do they usually announce to give the best runway for ticket sales? I would welcome any buzz out there to help me make the best decision possible.
Duration of Evita Run
 Aug 16 2012, 08:36:00 PM
Anyone have any idea how long Evita will run? I am interested in both the intended run and then how long you think it will actually run. I am visiting the first week of Jan and really want to see the show but my gut says it will not make it that long (January has an unusually high number of closings, although I am going as close to the New Year's holiday as possible Jan 3-6). Any insight out there...
The Heiress
 Jun 30 2012, 12:28:15 PM
Does anyone know hoe long The Heiress will play? Website says it opens Oct 7 for a "strictly limited engagement" but does not say for how long. I can't seem to find out in my googling. Help please. :)
Who is scheduled to appear at Broadway Bares
 Jun 3 2012, 12:52:03 PM
Does anyone know who is scheduled to appear at Broadway Bares this year? Maybe Ricky Martin? Just heard Kyle Dean Massey was on board and that then sparked curiosity as to who else can we expect to see. This is my first year attending and am so very excited to see the show up close live. Let me know if you know who has been confirmed or at least rumored to be there. Have a wish list like Wesley Taylor and Nick Adams so there you have it....
Mormon Cast
 Oct 30 2011, 05:08:58 PM
Are Josh and Andrew still in the cast and do they typically do all 8 shows a week? I am planning on seeing the evening show on a Sunday night (Nov 13 to be exact) and just had a thought of what if they are not scheduled to be in it. Any guidance or insight from you experts is much appreciated. Thanks.
Normal Heart extending?
 Jun 13 2011, 08:20:18 AM
surely a few week extension is possible? I say this selfishly as I am in the city the following weekend after it is expected to close. fingers crossed here. If it does extend, it would announce in the next 48 hours to build off momentum.
Normal Heart possible extension?
 May 15 2011, 10:36:30 AM
Greetings Broadway Experts.

I am visiting NYC the weekend of July 15. I am seeing How to Succeed and Priscilla. Trying to lock down a third show. Ideally would love to see Mormon but tickets are not looking obtainable so I will catch that in November when I return.

I am eyeing Normal Heart but it closes on July 10 (the weekend prior to my arrival). What are your thoughts on whether the show will get extended by a week or two. I know it is a limited engagement run, but the

Any insight to share on these shows closing or extending?
 Jan 2 2011, 09:57:32 PM
I am visiting NYC weekend of Jan 14.

Jan 9 is a big date for the following shows closing:

La Bete
In the Heights
Little Night Music

I have the 14th open for a show and am holding out on buying tickets to The Importance of Being Earnest for that night. I am hoping to catch one of the shows listed above based on the idea that maybe they will extend by at least a week.

I had heard that theatres are rented by the month in NYC (fingers crossed).

Douglas Hodge in Matinee Shows
 Oct 3 2010, 07:34:10 PM
I wanted to inquire if anyone knows about Douglas Hodge's doing all 8 shows a week.

I am trying to go and see La Cage in November but have not bought tickets yet. I had friends that went last weekend to see a Saturday matinee show and the understudy was performing. My schedule is tracking at seeing a matinee show and I want to know if Douglas is typically performing in all 8 shows each week (specifically the matinee shows).

I obviously want to see the show with Mr Hodge in

re: RAGTIME to Close on Sunday January 3, 2010
 Dec 29 2009, 11:06:39 AM
Any chance they will extend the run by a week or two? Ticketmaster is still selling tickets for upcoming shows. I just did not now know if this one of those ploys to sell more tickets by announcing it is closing - and although it is still closing soon maybe they would extend the run by a little more time if sales picked up. I am nervous abou buying tickets for another show until I officially hear from Ticketmaster that i am receiving a refund. Thoughts?
Broadway Programs?
 Jul 19 2009, 05:04:17 PM
Does anyone know if Hair and 9 to 5 have souvenir programs. I saw both shows back in May and programs were not available at either show. I like collecting them when I can. All I have been able to find is the 9 to 5 Los Angeles run program. Any thoughts on whether they are coming out or not for these shows?
Gwen Stewart still on Rent tour?
 Jul 4 2009, 11:26:43 AM
Does anyone know if Gwen is still with the Broadway tour? I was really looking forward to seeing and hearing here on stage next week in Tampa, but I am not seeing her on the Cast list on the website. So now I am worried. Anyone know anything out there? I would be disappointed (i wanted to see Rapp, Pascal, Mcelroy and Stewart together on one stage).
Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
 Jun 28 2009, 06:58:13 PM
Does anyone know if Alice will still be doing Next to Normal through the Labor Day Holiday weekend?

Also, when is Aaron Tveit expected to return to the show from his hiatus?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks BW...

Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
 Jun 20 2009, 01:13:27 PM
Does any one know if the following shows are going to or might likely extend to the first week of September?

Mary Stuart (right now tckts being sold thru mid Aug)
Blithe Spirit (right now tcksts being sold thru mid July)

I will be in town for three days In Sept before going on a cruise and am wanting to see some current season shows. Unfortunately, that is the time of year when the fall season has not quite officially started yet and most new shows have not even star

Deaf West Big River Cast
 Mar 1 2005, 11:12:04 PM
Does anyone know where I can find out the current touring cast of Deaf West's production of Big River? Is Tyrone and Michael still doing Huck and Jim on the road? I had heard Michael moved to the DC 2nd cast production.
We Will Rock You
 Aug 11 2004, 08:13:55 PM
Has anyone seeon this musical on the West End? It celebrates the music of Queen ala Mamma Mia approach. Was it good? CD sounds fun and I believe gets released on Aug 24. Anyone have any insight..
Original Assassins CD
 Aug 11 2004, 08:12:14 PM
OK so I already own the original. Any advice on why I should buy the rivival CD. What some pointers - it is different or better than the original in what regards. Be specific if you can.

Thank you

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You