Question about the Belasco

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Question about the Belasco
Posted: 11/18/12 at 12:35pm

How high exactly is the stage at The Belasco? I went online to get a ticket for Golden Boy via Linctix and the only option is a seat that is in the second row.

Now, It's not that I have a problem sitting close. After having done lotto's plenty of times before it isn't an issue. However, if the stage is as high as let's say the Palace, and I can avoid it I would like to. Would I have a better chance of seats if I went to the box office and maybe got a ticket via student rush instead of Linctix?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#2Question about the Belasco
Posted: 11/18/12 at 2:19pm

I don't remember how high the stage is, but I believe it's raked for this production - if that helps. I was in row J and I could see the stage floor easily. Even the front row was full, so I can't imagine it's really a problem....

AGermano
#2Question about the Belasco
Posted: 11/18/12 at 2:52pm

The stage is not raked, it's flat. I was in the front row and had most of the upstage portion of it cut off. Majority of the set/action was moved downstage right in front so it really wasn't a problem, but I definitely had to lift my head up to see a few minor things. For this production, I would suggest mid-orchestra or (even better) front mezzanine.

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#3Question about the Belasco
Posted: 11/18/12 at 7:59pm

Sorry for the misinformation. I've seen so many things recently. I could have sworn that was the one with the raked stage. Maybe it just appeared that way from where I was sitting.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4Question about the Belasco
Posted: 11/18/12 at 9:38pm

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to the box office and getting a student rush ticket and ended up in row F. It was seven rows back and a great view of everything. I am actually glad that I did this rather than linctix. Because, not only did I get a better seat through student rush than I would have with Linctix. But, I want to see this show again after it opens, and with Lintix you can only see a show once.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos