pixeltracker

2015 Disney live-action Cinderella film- Page 2

2015 Disney live-action Cinderella film

beautywickedlover
Visceral_Fella
#26Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 6/22/13 at 12:33am

Wow, I'm really excited for this. Lots of movies to look forward to Carrie, Maleficent, Into the Woods, and now this.

beautywickedlover
all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#28Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 6/24/13 at 9:33pm

I'm really excited for this! It will be interesting to compare this to Snow White and the huntsmen.

Updated On: 6/24/13 at 09:33 PM

beautywickedlover
#29Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 6/24/13 at 9:55pm

As I mentioned earlier it seems that Disney will have the Fairy Godmother be actually like the one in the Broadway production of 'Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella'.

Quote:

The godmother will be "disguised as an old beggar who watches over Cinderella before revealing herself as the magical being she truly is."

End Quote

https://movies.broadwayworld.com/article/Helena-Bonham-Carter-to-Play-Fairy-Godmother-in-Kenneth-Branaghs-CINDERELLA-20130620

Updated On: 6/24/13 at 09:55 PM

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#31Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 7/23/13 at 8:24pm

Here is what Richard Madden had to say about the movie and playing the Prince.

Quote:

Just call him Prince Charming. “Game of Thrones’” former King in the North, Richard Madden, is playing the prince in Disney’s “Cinderella,” but he’s not quite used to wearing another royal’s shoes just yet.

“Really odd,” Richard told Access Hollywood at Comic-Con last Friday when we asked him how it felt to now be a Disney prince. “I’m like, ‘Surely, not me. Surely, I’m too old. I can’t be!’ Oh, actually, all right. I’m doing it!”

Richard, 27, said the film, which pits him opposite “Downton Abbey’s” Lily James (she’s playing Cinderella), will be fairly faithful to the story readers grew up with.

“Very true to the tale of the story,” he said. “There’s little changes happening now, so I’m not sure where it’s going to go, but it’s the story of Cinderella, we know it and it’s an amazing cast with an outstanding director, so it’s going to be really exciting,” he said. (Kenneth Branagh is directing the project.)

End Quote

Richard Madden Talks Playing Cinderella’s Prince Charming & Life After Game Of Thrones

beautywickedlover
#32Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 8/10/13 at 4:01pm

Branagh gave some details about the film in a pre-taped segment at D23 Expo. He could not be there in person nor could the rest of the cast because they are about to start filming.

'Cinderella': Director Kenneth Branagh previews his plan for the classic fairy tale at Disney's D23

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#34Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 8/21/13 at 12:57pm

Hayley Atwell is going to play Cinderella's mother according to this article.

"I've been at Pinewood rehearsing Cinderella for Kenneth Branagh, so I've been doing that during the day and then the shows in the evening. My character? When Cinderella is five-years-old she loses her mum and she's a good mum, that's all I can really say, that it's her biological mum."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23726101

Updated On: 8/21/13 at 12:57 PM

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#35Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 8/21/13 at 5:19pm

So is it a musical?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

beautywickedlover
Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
beautywickedlover
#38Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:22pm

Here's the official synopsis. Even though this is very familiar I still look forward to the movie.

"The story of Cinderella follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drisella into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words and to "have courage and be kind." She will not give in to despair nor despise those who abuse her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears as if her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella's hopes of once again encountering the charming "Kit." Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand as a kindly beggar woman steps forward and, armed with a pumpkin and a few mice, changes Cinderella's life forever."

Photo Flash: First Look - Kenneth Branagh's Live Action CINDERELLA, Coming in 2015 Read more about Photo Flash: First Look - Kenneth Branagh's Live Action CINDERELLA, Coming in 2015

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#39Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 9/23/13 at 9:34pm

As I mentioned earlier it seems that Disney will have the Fairy Godmother be actually like the one in the Broadway production of 'Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella'.

And they lifted that from Slipper and the Rose

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#40Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 9/23/13 at 9:45pm

And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul.

So they're lifting that from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#41Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 9/23/13 at 9:48pm

Or from the Ordinary Princess. :)

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#42Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 9/24/13 at 10:33am

In the Leslie Ann Warren version of Cinderella, she gives the Prince water from her well, not knowing it's him.

beautywickedlover
#43Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 11/15/13 at 9:16pm

Patrick Doyle is composing the music and Rob Ashford will do the choreography. And here are some more details.

"Lily plays the title role opposite Richard Madden as Prince Charming and Cate Blanchett as her not entirely wicked stepmother (she’s more resentful and miffed than out-and-out evil).

Helena Bonham Carter, with a milk-white perm and gown to match, is the fairy godmother. And Holliday Grainger and Sophie McShera play Cinder-ella’s stepsisters."

Downton Abbey's Lady Rose dances to a new tune as Cinderella

pli1018
#44Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 11/15/13 at 9:47pm

Most promising about this film for me is that legendary production designer Dante Ferretti is working on the film. Ferretti is one of the few designers who understands where to draw the line when it comes to CG work on his sets. It's a very, very positive development for the film's visual look.

degrassifan
#45Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 11/16/13 at 8:53pm

"And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul."

"So they're lifting that from Disney's Sleeping Beauty."

Actually, I'm sure they lifted this from The Glass Slipper, which starred Leslie Caron in the 1950s. In that, Ella met the prince in the forest and thought he was a member of the palace kitchen staff. She didn't know he was a prince until she got to the ball.

beautywickedlover
#46Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/9/13 at 8:15pm

Here is what Holliday Grainger has to say about the film and playing Anastasia:

"When you do something like Cinderella, do you think about the fact that you’re retelling the story of Cinderella, or can you focus on it as just another story that you’re telling?

GRAINGER: Whenever I walk out of my trailer and see Lily [James] in her costume, I think, “My god, I’m shooting Cinderella!” When she’s in her ball gown, she looks like the fairy tale version of Cinderella that you remember dreaming about, as a kid. The first time I saw her in her ball grown, I felt a bit starstruck. It’s just Lily. She’s one of my contemporaries. We’ve known each other from before. But when she’s in the Cinderella dress, she’s just perfect. That’s when you go, “Oh, my gosh, we’re actually making a movie! We’re making a fairy tale come to life!”

Just how nasty do these stepsisters get?
GRAINGER: Like anything, you’ve gotta find the humanity in the characters. I talked a lot about backstory with (director) Ken Branagh. I feel like they’re slightly emotionally stunted, like Bonnie, in a way. Anastasia is very preoccupied with aesthetics, and she’s quite emotionally stunted. I don’t think she realizes quite how selfish she’s being. She’s just this selfish little toddler."

Holliday Grainger Talks BONNIE & CLYDE, How She Views Bonnie Parker, Her Beautiful Wardrobe, and Playing a CINDERELLA Evil Stepsister

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#47Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 12/10/13 at 11:30am

I'm super excited to see Daisy from Downton Abbey play Drizella. The nice girls always play the best bitches.

beautywickedlover
#48Cate Blanchett to play Lady Tremaine (the Wicked Stepmother) in live action remake of 'Cinderella?'
Posted: 1/18/14 at 6:43pm

Kenneth Branagh talked about the film recently.

"As I told you the other day, I’m really looking forward to your take on Cinderella. I know that Mark Romanek was working on it for a little while. Is his take a lot different than your take? And, can you talk about how you got involved with the production?

Well, Mark had left, so I was not really aware of what his take was. I was invited to come in, look at the script, and get a sense of what I would do with the story, so I operated from my own, individual orientation towards that myth, and to some extent, planning had already gone ahead, with Dante Ferretti the great production designer, and Sandy Powell the great costume designer. They were involved already, so there was a kind of shape to things, and so, I was coming out of what you could call a classical point of view. I wanted it to feel fresh. I wanted it to feel very contemporary. I wanted it to feel very direct, but I also wanted it to have its classical roots, in a world and period that’s some distance from us: enough distance to accept some magic. But, I think this is going to one where, the essential part of the story is not going to rely on the idea that personal happiness can only be achieved if a man comes along."

Kenneth Branagh Talks JACK RYAN, Changes Due to Budgetary Reasons, Whether He Will Make Another Shakespeare Movie, CINDERELLA, and More

beautywickedlover