pixeltracker

Les Miserables 2012 Movie Soundtrack?

Les Miserables 2012 Movie Soundtrack?

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#1Les Miserables 2012 Movie Soundtrack?
Posted: 12/28/12 at 10:29am

My husband, a huge fan of the show just purchased the movie highlights soundtrack. We were both very disappointed. Many tracks and other singing dialogue were left out. For example, Lovely Ladies, Turning, and one of my husband's favorites when Marius is singing/asking Eponine about Cosette Eponine calls Cosette a bougeiuse to a penny thing. I felt this is unfair to the fans. After all, the Original soundtrack to the show encompassed most of the singing of all the shows musical numbers. We both love the music, but we were disappointed and felt 'ripped off' by this latest 'highlights' soundtrack. Are there plans for the full movie soundtrack? Or is that going to happen when the film comes out on dvd?

Feel the Love - Les Mis

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#2Les Miserables 2012 Movie Soundtrack?
Posted: 12/28/12 at 10:46am

I have to agree with you that this "highlights" version is atrocious, badly edited and overall not very well though out.

I am also guessing that they didn't want to release the whole score as it would essentially be the entire movie without the accompanying visuals.

Somewhere down the road, after the movie has been completely released (it has yet to open in some countries) they may decide to release a 2-Disc Edition with all of the music, but even as a so-called highlights disc what they released is sorely lacking.

p.s.
#2Les Miserables 2012 Movie Soundtrack?
Posted: 12/28/12 at 3:49pm

Eponine calls Cosette a "bougeiuse to a penny thing."

Time to correct this!

It is two-a-penny, the meaning of which is very cheap, not worth much.

p.s.

"bourgeois, two-a-penny" means "plentiful, nobody special, as cheap as they come!"

Videos