pixeltracker

Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in - Page 3

Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

broadway guy
#50Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 3:22pm

PositivelyEmerald: We have already covered the Elphaba/Evita Thing and discussed Anna Gasteyer's quote. But thanks anyway.

PositivelyEmerald
#51Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 3:23pm

Well my apologies then.

broadway guy
#52Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 3:31pm

No need to Apologize. In fact, Anna Gasteyer was actually My first Elphaba. She was Magnificent and blew me away. I will never forget that experience.

PositivelyEmerald
#53Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 3:45pm

Completely agree. She was remarkable in many ways for me. She didn't do any crazy riffs, and it worked. Her voice was so pure and controlled. She also had one of the best looks for the role.

broadway guy
#54Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:07pm

I really don't remember much about her performance. I was in the 5th grade when i first saw her lol What i do remember was starting to tear up when the orchestra started playing. I had been a long time wicked fan and couldn't believe i was actually going to finally see it live.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#55Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:32pm

So you don't remember much but you will never forget it.

Also, her name is Ana. Since the vague recollection of her is so important to you.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

broadway guy
#56Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:35pm

Oooh Mr.Snippy. I don't remember the details of the show but I do remember how excited I was watching the magic unfold onstage. It was a life changing experience..Almost like a dream.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#57Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:36pm

So if you saw her when you were in 5th grade that would have been in 2005 which means that you must be around 18 years old. And you bragged in another thread about how you were drinking beer which means that you've been breaking the law and drinking while underage.

broadway guy
#58Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:37pm

Are you going to tell on me Jordan?

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 05:37 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#59Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:38pm

Also, that means the long-time in long-time Wicked fan was about a year and a half.

Jordan Catalano
#60Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:39pm

"Are you going to tell on me Jordan?"

No, but if I could I'd have you put in a Thai prison.

broadway guy
#61Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:42pm

I definitely was a long time wicked fan before actually seeing it. Its probably the first musical that I REALLY fell in love with. I have been doing musicals since i was in the 2nd grade but Wicked was probably the first time I actually listened to a recording and couldn't not stop playing it.

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 05:42 PM

Jordan Catalano
#62Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:44pm

You mean for both of those years it was out before you saw it?

broadway guy
#63Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:45pm

"No, but if I could I'd have you put in a Thai prison."

Well luckily you aren't an enforcer of the law I wouldn't say i was "bragging" about drinking alcohol. What kid hasn't had wine or beer before 21?

Jordan Catalano
#64Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:47pm

You were bragging. And it's fine. It's to be expected when you're "being naughty" and bragging about it anonymously on the internet. It's fine.

Liza's Headband
#65Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:48pm

Jordan, don't bother. broadway guy is a lost cause and his true colors are showing. He's basically a little brat.

broadway guy
#66Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:48pm

My teacher actually got me into it. She had seen the Show in new york and would sometimes play the wicked CD during Silent Reading. I was a very nerdy theatre geek even when I was in 5th grade. I would actually get a couple of kids together and she would let us perform plays for the class. 5th grade was definitely my favorite grade ever. We would perform short skits that I made up. My mom would type the 2 page scripts out and then we would rehearse for a day and then perform them.

Liza's Headband
#67Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:50pm

"5th grade was definitely my favorite grade ever."

Wait. Can we pause? How old are you, exactly? You're still reliving your days from the 5th grade? I'm so confused.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#68Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

Will you can scan and post a copy of one of the skits?

Liza's Headband
#69Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

LOL! YES!!! PLEASE

Jordan Catalano
#70Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

You're lucky. My teacher made sure the room was silent during silent reading time. You know so we could concentrate, or whatever her excuse was.

Jordan Catalano
broadway guy
#72Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:54pm

"Will you can scan and post a copy of one of the skits?"

I wish, but im sure those are all destroyed now. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for those. We moved houses when i was in 7th grade so i think a lot of it is lost. My disney princess dolls got destroyed also Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in I had ALL of them!

But anyway, we did a play every couple of months. I always directed them. We did Annie, Oz, A christmas Carol, Tom Saawyer, Willy wonka, Aladdin,charlie brown and a few others.

"You're lucky. My teacher made sure the room was silent during silent reading time. You know so we could concentrate, or whatever her excuse was."

That Sucks Jordan. My teacher was the best!

Jordan Catalano
#73Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:55pm

Yeah, sounds like she really cared.

Liza's Headband
#74Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in
Posted: 6/18/13 at 5:56pm

"My disney princess dolls got destroyed also I had ALL of them!"

Patti Lupone talks about Elena Roger in

Updated On: 6/18/13 at 05:56 PM

Videos