#2NY Post's gay slurs in coverage of planned Liberace musicals
Posted: 7/26/13 at 7:05pm

Some people need to lighten up.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#3NY Post's gay slurs in coverage of planned Liberace musicals
Posted: 7/26/13 at 7:15pm

NY Post's gay slurs in coverage of planned Liberace musicals

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

IronMan Profile Photo
IronMan
#4NY Post's gay slurs in coverage of planned Liberace musicals
Posted: 7/26/13 at 8:57pm

He did a story about the wardrobe and hair crews at Young Frankenstein being upset and threatening to strike over 'gay bashing' jokes in the show, and called them "Whining Marys".

Of course, the entire story wasn't true. There were never any such jokes in the show, and no one on the crew was upset about anything. It goes to show you that not only is his column fiction, but that he gets all his gay slurs from "The Boys in the Band."

"What- and quit show business?" - the guy shoveling elephant shit at the circus.
Updated On: 7/26/13 at 08:57 PM

#5NY Post's gay slurs in coverage of planned Liberace musicals
Posted: 7/26/13 at 9:26pm

So neither you or the idiot who wrote that stupid column realize that Liberace had a long long history with the epithet "Fruit." It was one of the pivotal moments in his life (and one Reidel mentions in his column): Liberace was called a "fruit" by a London paper and he sued for libel. He won the case but had to swear in court that he was strictly heterosexual which was not true. It was an extremely difficult moment and one Liberace regretted his whole life.