pixeltracker

Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!- Page 4

Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#75Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/23/13 at 9:14am

Buffy the Vampire "Once More With Feeling" needs to come to Broadway. NOW!!! it would be HHHUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!!!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#76Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/23/13 at 9:32am

I get your point, dramamama611. Your students were open-minded enough to see it from a different perspective, and even open enough to try it themselves. Kids are like that. By the time they reach adulthood, not so much. They close off.

That's why I think all of those Disney animated musicals and a few of the projects (like Hairspray or High School Musical) that are accepted and even aimed at younger audiences get them to open their minds at an early age. If they can get that far, the suspension of disbelief gets easier and often (not always) transfers into adulthood.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Zeller
#77Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 9/3/13 at 9:48am

How weird is THIS. The community theater I belong to (and ALL we do is musicals) is 99% STRAIGHT, MARRIED and very MASCULINE men! I am the ONLY gay guy in the entire show! Just me! I am the 1%! When people hear I do musicals they say "Oh, of course, because you're gay...I bet you meet a lot of men in your theater!" And I'm like "Nope! Every gay guy in my theater is totally straight!"

They don't even act a HINT gay or closeted. Leave it to ME to find the one and only straight musical theater company! LOL