pixeltracker

Ben Affleck is the New Batman- Page 5

Ben Affleck is the New Batman

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#100ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 9/17/13 at 5:38pm

While there have only been nine actors to play the role on film, Batman has had how many animated features and a cartoon series. Batman's been played more than a fiddle on the bayou.

I don't know if there's any real mystique about Wonder Woman. It doesn't help that her arch nemesis isn't really that scary. It's a woman dressed as a Cheetah. Depending on which woman wears the suit, she could have powers or not have any.

I would love a Wonder Woman movie, but the writers would have to settle a few facts. She's definitely campy. With the costume, and the twirling, and her gadgets, its a hard sell.

beautywickedlover
#101ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/9/13 at 1:00am

Adam Driver is the front-runner to play Nightwing AKA Robin.

‘Batman vs. Superman’ Eyes ‘Girls’ Star Adam Driver for Sidekick Role (Exclusive)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#102ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/9/13 at 12:44pm

Wonder Woman is only remembered as campy because of the 1970's television series. DC has long re-invented the character from that version of the character. They could simply just use the current version of Wonder Woman as the basis for a motion picture.

beautywickedlover
#103ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/9/13 at 1:53pm

Here is an article talking about the women being tested for the role of Wonder Woman.

Actresses Testing To Play Wonder Woman In Superman Sequel?

Wildcard
#104ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/9/13 at 3:17pm

Jungle Red, you should watch the recent DC video release Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox or the Wonder Woman one. She is definitely not portrayed as campy in either of these. She even beheads a major DC character in the Justice League one.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#105ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/9/13 at 11:46pm

People who think of Wonder Woman as campy also probably thought Batman was campy before the Nolan movies despite a lot of groundwork laid down by the Animated Series and widely-read, popular, critically acclaimed graphic novels and comic book runs.

bethnor
#106ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/10/13 at 2:31am

^^^

the resurgence of "dark batman" is probably more properly accredited to tim burton. without this, DCAU could never have existed, though it is the latter that remains the gold standard. mark hamill is still far and away the finest joker.

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#107ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 11/11/13 at 12:29am

Where is Wonder Woman? Is she Bridget Regan?

beautywickedlover
BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#109ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/4/13 at 1:38pm

Warner Brothers are a bunch of *politically incorrect terms for mentally slow people*

They are so desperate to jump on the Avengers band wagon, that they're short changing the most famous female superheroine of all time and throwing her under the bus as third banana to Batfleck and Supercavill. She deserves her own movie, not to be treated like the Lady Sif/Black Widow of Warner Brothers.

God, I hate them.

Wildcard
#110ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/4/13 at 1:41pm

Just because she's in this film, it doesn't mean she won't get her own solo film later on. Black Widow and Lady Sif are unlikely to get their own solo films. Miss Marvel will likely get a solo film before these two.

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#111ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/4/13 at 1:57pm

It doesn't excuse the fact that her debut film will be as a sideline character in a male dominated movie. (She is the third point in the DC trifecta, and It's not even called the Justice League, just Batman & Superman get title billing)

Warners Bros is so stupid. They just don't know what to do with the character, but they refuse to bring (or keep) someone on who has faith in her (Hello & Goodbye, Joss Whedon!)

strummergirl
#112ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/4/13 at 7:55pm

Apparently there was negotiations for Mark Strong to play Lex Luthor but it fell apart and WB is looking elsewhere. Is Bryan Cranston for the role too obvious?

beautywickedlover
#113ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/18/13 at 4:35pm

Both Warner Bros. and DC Comics are interested in Joaquin Phoenix playing the villain. It might be Lex Luthor.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1719322/batman-vs-superman-luthor-joaquin-phoenix-speculation.jhtml

Updated On: 12/18/13 at 04:35 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#114ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/18/13 at 4:57pm

If this is at least half as homoerotic as I want it to be, I'm there.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

beautywickedlover
#115ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/18/13 at 7:39pm

Chris Terrio, who wrote the script for 'Argo', has been hired to work on the script for this movie.

ARGO Writer Chris Terrio to Work on BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Script

beautywickedlover
#116ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/29/13 at 11:41am

Denzel Washington is one of the greatest actors of this day, but I am not sure how I feel about this.

Denzel Washington to Play 'Green Lantern' in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#117ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 12/29/13 at 1:46pm

This film is getting a little too crowded. With Wondermwoan and Green Lantern and Superman, where does Batman fit into this. Oh, and is this a Batman Sequel? Superman sequel? I've lost track at this point. All this epic casting and we still have more to go with the villain(s). Comic book/Superhero movies have lost their appeal as far as I am concerned. The more I hear about this film the more I care less.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

beautywickedlover
#118ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 1/17/14 at 8:50pm

It's been delayed till May 6, 2016. This is probably for the better.

Warner Bros. Moves BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Debut to May 6, 2016; PAN Takes Up July 2015 Slot

beautywickedlover
#119ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 1/31/14 at 1:26pm

Jesse Eisenberg is going to play Lex Luthor while Jeremy Irons has been cast as Alfred the Butler. Not sure about Eisenberg even though he did play a selfish & mean person in 'The Social Network'. Irons will be good, but Michael Caine was the perfect Alfred.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmovies/article/Jesse-Eisenberg-Jeremy-Irons-to-Star-in-Warner-Bros-SUPERMANBATMAN-Film-20140131

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#120ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 1/31/14 at 1:28pm

Eisenberg has used up his bag of tricks. He's the same in everything, and he's an asshole as a person.

....but the world goes 'round

strummergirl
#121ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 1/31/14 at 3:00pm

It's weird how I knew there were confirmations that Mark Strong was going to be Luther but backed out at the 11th hour of negotiations and then the next choice was.......... Jesse Eisenberg. It's still weird you're having older, washed up Batman, Superman (Cavill still strikes older than Eisenberg- I don't care if they're the same age), and young Luther. I also don't believe the Denzel rumors of a John Stewart Green Lantern because age, my goodness. I would, however, much like a John Stewart/Green Lantern with an Idris Elba or Michael Jai White very much.

I'm not surprised at the delay. Affleck, in his limited appearances on the awards circuit, looks pooped. Tired, bloated, not at his fighting weight at all. Apparently the Gone Girl film is getting very heated between him and David Fincher behind the scenes.

The Terrio stuff has me convinced that Zack Snyder is on thin ice if Ben's former lackey (come on, 'wrote' as in adapted with clear revisions in the voices of Heslov/Clooney and Affleck is not a star screenwriter) is there for the rewrites. Affleck was always rumored for a Justice League film as a director so.... I can easily see a coup emerge.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#122ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 1/31/14 at 3:04pm

I really liked Man of Steel.

I did not care for any of the bloated Nolan Batman films.

The way this is shaping up is not really catching my interest.

....but the world goes 'round

beautywickedlover
#123ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 4/28/14 at 12:24pm

'Justice League' might be happening in May 2017.

Zack Snyder to Direct 'Justice League' Movie

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#124ben affleck is the new batman
Posted: 4/28/14 at 4:24pm

So, is Batman moving to Metropolis or is Superman moving to Gotham City?

I was really hoping for a more gritty reboot with a fresh face and a new onesie.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos