pixeltracker

Current national tour of Mamma Mia

Current national tour of Mamma Mia

RW3
#1Current national tour of Mamma Mia
Posted: 2/1/14 at 3:04pm

Thinking about buying tickets. Should I? How is the cast?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2Current national tour of Mamma Mia
Posted: 2/2/14 at 1:10am

I saw it back in December. Tons of fun. Very high energy.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

THEATRICAL100
#3Current national tour of Mamma Mia
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:16pm

The tour came back to Detroit last week. The lack of promotion for the show was apparent -- the house was pretty empty, especially Sunday night.

My biggest problem was the set - I wasn't expecting sweeping scenery or anything, but the two "walls" and a few tables were disappointing. Especially during the first few numbers, the cast seemed to cling as far back upstage as possible.

Sophie was good. Passionate but still finding her footing. Donna was great up until Winner. Dads were pretty good. Ensemble was fun, but it still feels like they don't have a whole lot to do.

Marla: I have to go sing about a life I never led.

THEATRICAL100
#4Current national tour of Mamma Mia
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:16pm

The tour came back to Detroit last week. The lack of promotion for the show was apparent -- the house was pretty empty, especially Sunday night.

My biggest problem was the set - I wasn't expecting sweeping scenery or anything, but the two "walls" and a few tables were disappointing. Especially during the first few numbers, the cast seemed to cling as far back upstage as possible.

Sophie was good. Passionate but still finding her footing. Donna was great up until Winner. Dads were pretty good. Ensemble was fun, but it still feels like they don't have a whole lot to do.

Marla: I have to go sing about a life I never led.

broadwayguy2
#5Current national tour of Mamma Mia
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:07pm

Theatrical100,
Consider yourself lucky. That is the "bus and truck" redesign of the show... It now also serves as the design for the flagship London production!!!