pixeltracker

Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone- Page 2

Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone

Wickedlover56 Profile Photo
Wickedlover56
#25Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/13/14 at 11:21pm

*Thus, my contribution to this post following this board's rules that state that any post that even mentions Sutton must also include a healthy dose of comments on her mediocre talents.

I highly doubt a person who is mediocre would win 2 tony awards. Is she as good as Patti? No, but she is still great.

VIETgrlTerifa
#26Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/13/14 at 11:31pm

"Is she as good as Patti?"

It really does depend on the role. Patti was a killer Rose and Evita and Sutton would probably not be as good in those roles (though she may surprise). However, Patti as Violet would have been great just for the laughs.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#27Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/14/14 at 3:28pm

"Is she as good as Patti? No, but she is still great. “

i would have to disagree with that statement. I love them both but I have to say overall as a performer I rate Sutton better, she can easily transfer from witty comedy to a daring dramatic performance in a spilt second. Of course Patti was Evita and did an excellent job at that, and I doubt Sutton would be able to take on Evita but i do believe she is more versatile as an actress. Just my opinion!

Gothampc
#28Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/14/14 at 4:07pm

Both Patti & Sutton have brothers in show business.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

RCohen2299 Profile Photo
RCohen2299
#29Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/14/14 at 4:21pm

Updated On: 7/14/14 at 04:21 PM

showtuna Profile Photo
showtuna
#30Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone
Posted: 7/16/14 at 11:52pm

They're definitely both amazing. My personal preference would be Sutton Foster, but I think it's really just a matter of opinion. I don't think much of a case can be made for the mediocrity of either Sutton or Patti's abilities/talents. They're both fantastic.