News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carlodowd

carlodowd Profile Photo
Member Name: carlodowd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dear Evan Hansen tickets 4th Jan  Dec 27 2016, 05:46:20 AM

Thank you so much sondheimfan3 and the other two guys!! Thats so helpful and I will certainly try all those option to try and see this show! Thanks Again!

Dear Evan Hansen tickets 4th Jan  Dec 25 2016, 04:15:10 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this post will annoy other users but I'm coming to New York for the first time from Scotland on the 3rd January till the 7th. I've booked different shows and that, but I really Really want to get tickets for Dear Evan Hansen, and see it on the 4th of Jan as that is our only day free. I have checked their website - telecharge, broadway.com and playbill and they have none available till the 17th of January. 

As this will be the first and las

Musicals that make you feel happy/at peace  Sep 29 2016, 03:09:28 AM

Legally Blonde.... Whenever I'm sad I just need the gayest musical possible to cheer me up! Haha :) 

Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 23 2016, 01:59:17 PM

Billy Elliot OLC and A Grand Night For Singing OBC (absolutely love these new arrangements of R&H songs) 

Sondheim on Sondheim Something's Coming Sheet Music  Jul 15 2016, 09:14:44 AM

Hi Guys,

Doing a devised project for college and I would love to put in the "Something's Coming" from the Sondheim on Sondheim production with the close harmonies. I was wondering does anyone know of somewhere I can get the Sheet Music or if someone has it here could they send it to me? Thanks 

re: Sheet music for 'If You Hadn't But You Did'?  Jun 30 2016, 12:51:41 PM

Hi there, I've just discovered this song and I LOVE it, I really want to perform it but I'm a guy so I was just wondering could a man do it?? Do you guys thing? Would it come across the same and sound this as good?

Sorry for highjacking your tread! 

Anthing Goes original production photos  May 23 2016, 04:42:29 AM

Thank you so much Guys! This really helps!

Anthing Goes original production photos  May 22 2016, 07:30:51 AM

Hi guys, I'm doing a project on the history of Anything Goes and I'm trying to find photos of the original production with Ethel Merman but I'm having trouble. I would love one of the set too! Would any of you know anywhere to get some online?? And Yes I have tried google!! Thank you!

re: Lincoln Center Archives of Shows  Apr 4 2016, 05:01:27 PM

Oh thats great to know! Thank you so much Jshan05. You've been great help!

re: Lincoln Center Archives of Shows  Apr 4 2016, 01:51:51 PM

Thank you so much guys! Did you have any problems with viewing them? Reason given etc?

re: Lincoln Center Archives of Shows  Apr 4 2016, 01:38:53 PM

Bumping this up to ask a question. My friend and I are studying musical theatre in the UK and are college is planning to put on a production of RENT as part of our final year. Both of us are coming to New York in Jan 2017 for xmas and the production is happening around May 2017. Do you think we would be able to get in an watch the RENT archive?

If not, maybe cause its restricted or something, I would KILL to see Next To Normal, and am wondering the same question could I see i

Must have Musical Albums!  Jan 2 2016, 08:37:32 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "Everyone knows that a serious Musical Cast Album collection is not complete if you don't have a copy of the Original Broadway Cast Album of PROMISES, PROMISES."

Really? I like "Turkey Lurkey Time" but thats about it. I assume this is a joke yeh?

Memorable song from recent flops  May 30 2015, 06:36:59 AM

"How It Ends" - Big Fish

"What Do I Need With Love" - Millie

"You Don't Need To Love Me" - IF/THEN

SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album  May 30 2015, 06:33:15 AM

Never saw the show but listened to cast album for the first time last night. Have to say i was very much thinking "this is the new Book of Mormon?" but after a second listen I have to say the songs started to grow on me. Especially Right Hand Man, God I Hate Shakespeare and A Musical (Loved all the musical reference). Sometimes I think the are trying to hard but overall I would say its a good and funny comedy score! Would love to see how it translate on stage, I would say it would be hilariou

Beautiful Tony-eligible Broadway shows collage  Apr 24 2015, 09:03:28 PM

Brilliant Picture! Cant wait till the nominations come out!!!

Show Off songs  Jan 27 2015, 07:09:05 PM
Thats a great list thanks!
Show Off songs  Jan 27 2015, 05:22:49 PM
Thanks so much, themysteriousgrowl! Seriously how could i forget that song! Great choice.

"Dance 10, Looks 3" is a female song so i can't do that, wish i could! Thanks anyway

And to answer your question GavestonPS, I have to have 3 songs for certain auditions (one pre 1965 eg. legit). However I think I will need to have a look at a good few just to see which suits me best. And to your last questions, its not a case of really when, just that I need more more diversity in my rep

CAST RECORDINGS OF 2014 ? A PERSONAL LOOK  Jan 27 2015, 01:25:08 PM
Love a lot of this list. Great selection, must listen to the ones I have left out!
Show Off songs  Jan 27 2015, 01:21:17 PM
Hi all,

I have loads of musical theatre college auditions coming up and my singing teacher thinks I have too many high G, A and B songs (when I hear high notes, that's when I say wow... I know so bad). I am a tenor but am choosing too many high tenor songs (actually most of my rep) so I need all your musical knowledge to help me choice songs that are good show off songs but don't go past/just reach the High F on the stave for a tenor. The thing is they can't be funny songs but "passio

New Tony Predictions?  Jan 22 2015, 07:48:47 PM
Best Musical:
Fun Home
Honeymoon in Vegas
The Visit
Finding Neverland
It Shoulda Been You/ Something Rotten

Musical Revival:
The King and I
Gigi
On the 20th Century
Side Show

Leading Actress in a Musical
Chita Rivera-The Visit
Kelli O'hara-The King and I
Kristin Chenoweth
Beth Malone-Fun Home

Leading Actor in a Musical
Michael Cerveris-Fun Home
Rob Mcclure-Honeymoon in Vegas
Tam Mutu-Doc

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You