pixeltracker

Who Would You Like to See Host the Tonys?- Page 3

Who Would You Like to See Host the Tonys?

Gothampc
#50Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/9/14 at 10:52am

"I think Nathan Lane would be a great host."

He co-hosted several years ago. I think they had trouble reigning him in. He's funny and spontaneous, but they're always nervous with a live wire, either that the person will go too far or go on too long. The Tonys still walks a fine line.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Gothampc
#51Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/9/14 at 10:54am

"It's been way too long since we've had a female host."

Because the female choices that the committee suggests don't want to do it.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Dollypop
#52Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/9/14 at 11:10am

Loretta Swit

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#53Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/9/14 at 4:50pm

Matthew Morrison had been offered the job for the 2014 ones, but he couldn't do it.
I'd love to see him, but even more, I'd like to see someone like Tina Fey or Laura Benanti.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#54Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/10/14 at 1:22pm

The only problem with suggestions such as Laura Benanti or Audra McDonald is that they are going to want a big name that will attract the average viewer. Unfortunately, as talented and popular as those ladies might be in the Broadway community, having them host will not tempt more viewers to tune in that night. If we're going for a woman, Idina Menzel could work, given her recent rise to higher stardom, but I'm not sure if she would be up for it. Maybe she could co-host with someone.

I don't know, though, how about Julie Andrews?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#55Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 9/10/14 at 2:15pm

Whoopi, Rosie, and Rosie? Not really Nicolle Wallace. Don't know the potential network conflicts there...

Starship
#56Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 3/20/15 at 2:20pm

Even though she doesn't have a huge Broadway history (or name anymore), but I would rather see Raven Symone as the host than most of the suggested people in this thread. She has the vocal chops, impeccable timing, and a vibrant, attention-grabbing personality that I feel would be extraordinarily entertaining. A much needed refresher.

Updated On: 3/20/15 at 02:20 PM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#57Who Would You Like to See Host the Tony's
Posted: 3/20/15 at 3:02pm

Chenoweth.