#25Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 5/7/15 at 4:56am

Bump for Roxy

....but the world goes 'round

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#26Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 6/28/15 at 4:19pm

I am bumping this because I just finished season 2. WOW! Holy shiz. I am in love with this show. Surely they are going to move it to another network, right?

I LOVED how they weave in the characters from the books. You basically got Mason Verger's back story, but with snippets of the story from Hannibal (the pigs, death by slashing the femoral artery). I also love how Dr. Du Maurier is basically falling into the Clarice role. The Hannibal movie pissed me off royally, as I am a huge fan of the book. Season 2 was just perfection. Hannibal is the perfect villain. I never want him to get caught.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 6/28/15 at 4:24pm

I was kind of on the fence after the first few episodes this year. Now with word of it being cancelled no reason to invest anymore time on it. I see it on something called AXN . Not sue if now or in future. In addition, no idea if my provider carries it.

I really not even sure I would watch more of it if I could as it is going all over the place.

It might have fared better as a limited run series in the beginning.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 6/28/15 at 04:24 PM

wonkit
#28Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 6/28/15 at 7:40pm

Episode 4 of Season 3 is one of the most extraordinary pieces of tightly written, beautifully photographed psychological suspense I have ever seen. If you aren't binge watching to catch up, here's your chance. Do it - you won't regret it. Raul Esparza is brilliant in ep. 4, but you have to know the back story of the other characters to appreciate how carefully he is manipulating everyone. I have always liked his work, but this is just on a higher plane for all sorts of reasons.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#29Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 6/29/15 at 6:40am

I am binge watching, but I have to do it when the kiddo is sleeping or otherwise occupied. I would rather not damage her.

I finished season 2, then watched the first bit of season 3, episode one. Mads Mikkelson is so fantastic. He is the perfect Hannibal. I loved Anthony Hopkins, but Mads captures what is so damn captivating about Hannibal.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#30Anyone watch Hannibal?
Posted: 6/29/15 at 11:52am

"I was kind of on the fence after the first few episodes this year. Now with word of it being cancelled no reason to invest anymore time on it. I see it on something called AXN . Not sue if now or in future. In addition, no idea if my provider carries it.
I really not even sure I would watch more of it if I could as it is going all over the place.
It might have fared better as a limited run series in the beginning."

As usual all of your thoughts are nonsense. There is no reason to stop watching the show since it's one of the most brilliant things to ever air. Since Amazon owns the exclusive streaming rights it's likely that they would pick it up for another season. Bryan Fuller already said he had a plan in place for season 4 so it could certainly happen.

This most recent episode has to be one of the most visually stunning pieces of television to ever air. I'm honestly shocked that it was able to air as long as it did on NBC especially due to the graphic nature of the show.

As an aside, Michael Pitt was the perfect Mason Verger so I was a little worried when Joe Anderson was taking over the role. I think he's really great and it worked well that they don't really show his face (even though he's very attractive).

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah