pixeltracker

Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!- Page 2

Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!
Posted: 11/22/14 at 8:39pm

I saw Side Show last week from row F. I remember thinking the stage looked a bit high and was glad I was a few rows back.

Not sure what your dates are but if it is mid Ja uary, the new Musical "Nevermore" is opening mid January off Broadway.

Just give the world Love.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!
Posted: 11/22/14 at 9:34pm

On an earlier point, re: kinky boots:

"This is really puzzling, since a friend who is right now in NY, just saw it a few days ago, finding Front row seats from tkts for a $100 !!!"

Nothing puzzling here. TKTS often has great seats, since the box office doesn't have to release them until the day of the show. And they are sold for 40% or 50% of their value, so that was probably a premium ticket available and then they were able to hold it until closer to show time and then sold it for seemingly half of its $200 premium value. There is no reason for them to offload high-desired tickets/locations like that so far in advance, since if they don't sell, they can still fill it for the same discounted rate that day. So, they either make more money, or the same money, by waiting. But if they discounted it early, they would only make the lower rate.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#27Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!
Posted: 11/23/14 at 10:21am

hsterobics, yes I understand your point and I agree. What I meant by puzzling is that, if BEAUTIFUL, THE ELEPHANT MAN and IT'S ONLY A PLAY for example, that are newer and more succesful shows right now than KINKY BOOTS, gave me a chance to get a Front or Second Row Center seat for Regular Full Price of around $140, why would KINKY offer only Regular bad seats, (especially for Januaray)essentially forcing me to wait until tkts and probably get the same seat for a $100 ! I understand that this is the producers' decision and I respect it but it just strikes me as odd, since it was the ONLY show that I wanted to book and didn't find any seat I liked ! Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!

Updated On: 11/23/14 at 10:21 AM

bfreak
#28Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:05am

Usually open-ended shows like Kinky Boots release much better tickets on telecharge in the weeks and the day up leading up to the event. Keep checking and if they don't have the seat you want @ TKTS that day go to the box office or telecharge and I guarantee they'll probably have house seats at regular price.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#29Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:21am

?hank you bfreak, this is what I will do ! Shows BOOKED for my January Trip !!!