pixeltracker

"Orchestra Boxes" at American Airlines theatre

"Orchestra Boxes" at American Airlines theatre

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#1"Orchestra Boxes" at American Airlines theatre
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:46am

I'm looking at tickets for On the 20th Century in late April, and I see that they are offering two sections labeled "Orchestra Boxes" (AA and BB) at a good price, but they say that they are obstructed views.

Has anyone sat in those boxes before? How good or bad are they? I've never been in the American Airlines theatre, so I have no experience as to what the seating is like in that theater.

Thanks in advance for any info.

LarryD2
#2Orchestra boxes
Posted: 12/13/14 at 10:15am

The view is extremely restricted. I wouldn't sit in those seats for free.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#2Orchestra boxes
Posted: 12/13/14 at 10:27am

I sat in them two of the times I saw Violet and it was a PERFECT view! You are pretty much eye level with the performers and it feels very intimate. But keep in mind that violet was a very intimate show and pretty much all of the action took place in the front of the stage which you have a full side view of. I couldn't see the few things that happened towards the back. Nobody has seen OT20C yet so there's no telling how much you'll miss.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#3Orchestra boxes
Posted: 12/13/14 at 11:45am

I would say you're probably missing about a third of the back part of the stage. Sometimes that doesn't matter, but there would definitely be a risk in getting those tickets without knowing what the set design or direction is like.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#4Orchestra boxes
Posted: 12/13/14 at 3:36pm

They are extremely restricted and you will be missing a lot of the show. Not worth it.

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#5Orchestra boxes
Posted: 12/14/14 at 11:53am

Thanks for tho information! I decided to play it safe, and just go with a standard orchestra seat.

Dr. Jaykll Profile Photo
Dr. Jaykll
#6Orchestra boxes
Posted: 2/22/15 at 10:55am

Not sure if this is the same section, but Roundabout is listing "Mezzanine Boxes" for $67

Are these the same as the aforementioned Orchestra Boxes earlier in the thread? By doing a search for American Airlines theater box seats, I can see some box seats that are elevated off the floor and sit just in front of the mezzanine section, but just wanted to clarify from those who have been in the venue.

I don't see any "Orchestra Boxes" listed for sale through Roundabout

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#7Orchestra boxes
Posted: 2/22/15 at 11:06am

Orchestra boxes

The mezzanine boxes sit right on top of the orchestra boxes.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#8Orchestra boxes
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:01am

Both the upper and lower boxes were filled at the recent performance we saw

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#9Orchestra boxes
Posted: 6/13/15 at 7:13pm

I was just looking into tickets and noticed that the orchestra boxes were not available for any performances beyond this weekend. Does anybody know how far in advance they open them? Is it the week of?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#10Orchestra boxes
Posted: 6/13/15 at 7:23pm

What show was in the American airlines theatre when that picture was taken?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LarryD2
#11Orchestra boxes
Posted: 6/14/15 at 8:05am

That looks like the set from their terrific revival of THE CONSTANT WIFE.