pixeltracker

Silliest things said in a theare- Page 3

Silliest things said in a theare

asmith0307
#50Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 4:29pm

I heard someone say that the screens for cast to see the conductor was actually a teleprompter.

Funnily enough, I recall Kyle Dean Massey mentioning in one of his vlogs that someone said that at Pippin as well, which means it was actually said twice.

RENT_is_Wicked2
#51Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 5:07pm

When I saw the first national tour of Wicked, Glinda (Chandra Lee Schwartz) said the line "Elphie, now that we're friends. I've decided to make you my new project." And the lady behind me loudly says "Oh god!"

I saw the Dirty Dancing tour and a lady in the orchestra seating was wearing a sleeping mask. During intermission, she was still wearing it.

bfreak
#52Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 5:22pm

I think this was intended as a joke because Wicked is playing next door, but a month ago at The River, a man asked the usher, "So this is the show about the flying green witch?" Trust me, it sounded really silly when he said it!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#53Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 5:33pm

"I saw the Dirty Dancing tour and a lady in the orchestra seating was wearing a sleeping mask. During intermission, she was still wearing it."

STOP IT! That visual is deeply hilarious. Silliest things said in a theatre.

Julie Yard
#54Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 7:59pm

Exiting the theater after Journey's End I heard a woman say, "It was such a downer".

And I can't remember the play, but it was at the Newhouse and as soon as the lights went down the lady beside me fell asleep and snored (softly) throughout. At the finale she perked right up and said to me, "So what happened?"

Dolittle

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#55Silliest things said in a theatre.
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:16pm

Conversation between two volunteer ushers at an Off-Broadway theatre:

ELDERLY MAN USHER: Now, what theater is that VIOLET musical with Sutton Foster playing at?
ELDERLY WOMAN USHER: I believe it's playing at the Seinfeld.
ELDERLY MAN USHER: Ahh, yes. The Jerry Seinfeld.