pixeltracker

Sienna Miller in Cabaret- Page 2

Sienna Miller in Cabaret

Perfectly Marvelous 2 Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous 2
#25Sienna Miller in Cabaret
Posted: 3/15/15 at 1:22am

For what it's worth, I thought she did a good job (I saw her at the 2 pm matinee on Saturday). I typically don't feel sorry for the character of Sally Bowles, but Sienna managed to make me have a twinge of compassion for her at the end. Sally isn't an easy person to portray and it's difficult to form a bond with her as a person, though that's kind of the appeal of her (at least I think so). Overall, it's a solid production. I've seen it performed many ways and was fortunate enough to work backstage on a great regional production, so there's really very little that I don't know about it, and yet this revival got me excited, and reminded me why I love this show so dearly. I wasn't sble to see Alan Cumming when he first took on the Emcee, so being able to witness that alone has been a dream come true.

However, my favorite Sally would have to be the girl I saw at the Oberon in Cambridge, MA about five years ago. The ART did a fantastic production of Cabaret with Amanda Palmer (of The Dresden Dolls) as the Emcee. The name of the actress who played Sally is slipping my mind at the moment, but I still have the playbill kicking around somewhere.

But like I said, this was a solid show. I'm still running on post show excitement and it's been several hours since I was at the theatre!

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables
Updated On: 3/15/15 at 01:22 AM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#26Sienna Miller in Cabaret
Posted: 3/15/15 at 1:50am

^^^^
Ally Trasher was Salky Bowles in the ART 2010 production.

Perfectly Marvelous 2 Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous 2
#27Sienna Miller in Cabaret
Posted: 3/15/15 at 12:09pm

Thank you! I thought it began with an A, but it had been a while. But yes, she was great! Though the more I look back on yesterday, the more I've begun to realize that Sienna's Sally is a bit more pragmatic (and if I can recall, Ally was as well).

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#28Sienna Miller in Cabaret
Posted: 3/15/15 at 3:15pm

"I hate to keep telling people to go back to the cabaret, old chum, but Ms. Miller is a revelation here, the most realistic Sally since Natasha Richardson won a Tony for the part 17 years ago."

An absolute love letter from Ben Brantley.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/14/theater/cabaret-and-hedwig-get-tougher-onstage.html?_r=0

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#29Sienna Miller in Cabaret
Posted: 3/15/15 at 4:18pm

And I absolutely agree with him. Saw the show Friday night :). I'll tell you my very anticipated thoughts on Honeymoon later. Intermission now Sienna Miller in Cabaret

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY