pixeltracker

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill- Page 15

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#350The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
Posted: 8/14/16 at 12:06pm

Just taking a moment to point out that a diegetic choir (as this is a "passion play" approach, a play within a play) was not an issue in Lapine's book...

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#351The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
Posted: 8/14/16 at 4:08pm

Most of the enormous problems with this dreadful book were not issues in Lapine's  

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#352The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
Posted: 8/14/16 at 6:06pm

And I would further add that, in reading the new book (don't ask, I'm not giving), I would actually even utilize how Quasimodo is written were I to remount the Lapine version, and credit Parnell appropriately. Not all of it is bad. But most of it is awful.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

nycgogetter
#353The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
Posted: 8/21/16 at 9:14pm

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "And I would further add that, in reading the new book (don't ask, I'm not giving), I would actually even utilize how Quasimodo is written were I to remount the Lapine version, and credit Parnell appropriately. Not all of it is bad. But most of it is awful.

I don't think the Lapine version can ever be done again . . . 

"

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#354The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
Posted: 8/22/16 at 10:51am

And it's a damn shame it can't be.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend