pixeltracker

Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway- Page 2

Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway

Starship
#25Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway
Posted: 3/5/15 at 1:45pm

The reason I mentioned Iris was because of its theatrical nature. Cirque shows are already theatrical, but for a NY show I think Cirque would find success with a more theater/circus infused show that isn't wacko like Banana Spheel.

Islander_fan
#26Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway
Posted: 3/5/15 at 1:48pm

Starship,

I totally agree. Iris was also done in a theatre and very well put together, very theatrical and very well done. With Iris being done in LA the theme of the show was Hollywood. Now, I'm thinking that if they did that but with a Broadway theme instead, they could be successful both in a theatre setting and in NY.

ETA, come to think of it, there's also the chance that it would make more money if it's on Broadway than it does when it's touring shows come to NYC. When the tours have come to NY, they have set up shop on Randall's Island and now outside of Citi Field. Both of those places aren't tourist friendly places to get to. However, if they were on Broadway in a more centralized and popular location then they could make more money in that respect. Updated On: 3/5/15 at 01:48 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway
Posted: 3/5/15 at 1:50pm

There is a reason they succeed in Vegas. They put on quality shows that people want to see.

The problem might be the costs. They would have to bring in people on their own whereas in Vegas they have a captive audience in the resort they are at.

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#28Cirque Wants To Come To Broadway
Posted: 3/5/15 at 1:57pm

So the audiences for Love in Las Vegas are only people staying at The Mirage?

I stayed at New York, New York and never saw Zumanity. I guess I was one of the non-captives.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none