News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Islander_fan

Member Name: Islander_fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stereophonic digital rush question  Apr 8 2024, 12:57:19 PM

So, I went to the website to try and snag a digital rush ticket for tonight. Got to the page when the digital rush was supposed to start. But, it wasn’t listed there as a rush option. Can someone explain to me how this is the case?specially when the press release said that it would be available for all performances.

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 08:46:06 AM

The previous posts in this thread, the ones that talked about how they hope the show flops or she never works again. Those comments are what I am talking about. Specially those in response stating that one must be agreeing with her views if they are willing to see the show. I get it, there are people out there to whom what she said  doesn’t sit well with them, and as a result, don’t want to see the show. That is totally fine. After all, no one is being forc

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 05:03:18 AM

The thing is that she said words. She didn’t do anything other than express her own personal opinion on things. Sure, vile as they may have been, she has just strong a right to say them just like someone else has just a strong a right to disagree with them. If you disagree with what she said, that’s on you. To say that she shouldn’t work because of things she said is beyond over the top and that is the the biggest issue I have with the bogus cancel culture

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 22 2024, 11:05:11 PM

So wait, let me see if I have this right. Are there actually people on here saying that, just because Margulies said something in a podcast that they disagreed with, she should never work again? I mean, yeah, that seems logical.  

Illinoise - best new score?  Mar 19 2024, 11:19:25 AM

I don’t think it will/can even be considered.  Keep in mind, Pete Townshend won the Tony for best score for the original production of Tommy with some backlash. Aside from the songs I Believe my own Eyes and Sally Simpson’s question, they were all songs that came out in 1969. The rule was changed so that a musical adaptation like a Disney musical for example, had to have at least half the score be written for the stage in addition to any songs from the original film. 

The LES MIS movie is much better than I remembered (2024 re-release)  Feb 28 2024, 02:56:06 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The close-ups,long unbroken single-takes, and handheld parts really worked for me this time around. That's what makes some of those performances so impressive.

I'll always be bummed when a production cuts "Dog Eats The Dog" (which is one of the easiest things to cut when shaving down the time) because it's such an interesting juxtaposition of godless Thenardier vs deeply religious Valjean & Javert. And Sacha would ha

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?  Feb 18 2024, 12:36:10 PM

I think that you’re reading too much into it. There’s really only one thing you have got to understand and it’s this. 

This woman is no more! She has ceased to be! She’s expired and gone to meet her maker! She’s a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests  in peace! If she hadn’t had consumption she’d be pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history!  She's kicked the bucket, she's s

Atlantic Theatre crew voting to join union  Jan 29 2024, 04:10:58 PM

I came across this article on Broadway Journal, don’t know how valid a source it is. However, I found this article interesting nonetheless. Kind of surprising to find out that the Atlantic used unions for everything else but their stage crew.

http://broadwayjournal.com/atlantic-theater-workers-lead-off-broadway-union-drive/

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Jan 25 2024, 04:28:52 PM

Fan123 said: "Do the people who decide if and when to take a show to Broadway (the main producers, I assume) always care that much if the show lasts for a long time there? I'm sure everyone involved in a show (not least the investors) would like that to be the case, and many involved may even believe that that's the main aim. But are the key decision-makers sometimes taking a show to Broadway with an eye to garnering attention and enabling future marketing of the show as a &#

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO to close on February 11  Jan 21 2024, 06:53:44 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "A shame. Unfortunately most of the new musicals this season won’t even make it 100 regular performances."

Might it be a bit too early to say that most new musicals won’t reach the 100 performance mark? I mean, most of the new musicals that are opening this season haven’t even started previews yet. So, it’s hard to tell. Not to mention that there are some in the mix that are based on known properties (Water for Elephants, The

Question re Laura Benanti and MFL  Jan 21 2024, 08:38:27 AM

NYadgal said: "Oy."

Was that a respond to my post? Or, was it a response to the OP and the subject in general? 

Broadway Week ticket buying question  Jan 21 2024, 08:07:31 AM

So, my cousins and I are planning on seeing Moulin Rouge this Friday. Now, I know that Broadway week is a two for one deal. However, is it possible to buy three and only use the Broadway Week offer for two of the three tickets?  And, is it online only or can you get these at the box office too? 

Question re Laura Benanti and MFL  Jan 21 2024, 08:03:45 AM

Perhaps she may very well have, had the situation been different of course. I mean, it was never a secret that Laura considered Eliza a role she really wanted to play. Now, of course this is pure speculation sine we don’t know the full ins and outs of the story. But, maybe she had second thoughts about going back to work just yet, and wanted to spend a little more time with her time with her daughter before going back to work. Hence, she backed out. But, then again, L

Broadway Sunset Will Be Open Ended Run  Jan 21 2024, 07:54:21 AM

I’m not one who usually dream casts a role. But, in this case, mine is not really a far fetched one at all. That would be Rachel Tucker. She is already Nicole’s alternate in London, perhaps this could get her to come back to Broadway again. Granted, I have zero clue as to how her performance has been received in London, but still.

Elton John Completes the EGOT with Emmy Win  Jan 16 2024, 12:48:52 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Honestly, I did not mean to hijack this celebratory thread with my “schtick”... my comment was just an aside aimed at the headline originally cited.

However, since you ask, my problem is only with the title and problematic legacy of this “honor”. Knight of the British Empire. Who would want such a title, much less consider it an honor? Why on earth would Americans demean themselves by bowing down to such silliness?

The

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall  Jan 8 2024, 11:23:56 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Good one, TEffed, you can be proud of the upvotes you get for that.

I was not cruel to Barbra. Firstly, I doubt she reads this board, and sccondly, I said it without judgement. Only to contradict your point that because she has a mall in her basement she has no problems. I'm on Chapter 10, like I said, and I've seen nothing about emotional abuse. Maybe that is to come.
"

Of course he should be proud of the thumbs ups he gets. Tot

How is Hamilton holding up?  Jan 8 2024, 09:51:09 PM

I think that this show is doing very very well internationally. I think that Germany wasn’t the best place for this show to go to however. In Germany the bigger sellers are big flashy mega musicals. Musicals like Wicked, Lion King Phantom and more. Compared to those, Hamilton is very minimalistic.

It should be noted that, the show is doing an international tour now. And, when the show played in New Zealand, it wasn’t done in a theatre, it was done in an arena. Something that the international tour is doing for the second stop on its tour when it hit Abu Dhabi. 

Photo of Hamilton at Spark Arena New Zealand.

Wasn’t sure how to embed a photo into the body of my post. But, that is a photo from a view from my seat. 

Wonka really is a musical!  Dec 19 2023, 02:47:28 AM

I saw this and was looking forward to it. But, musical or not, I just feel that the whole thing felt…well…flat. And, I can’t for the life of me figure out why it did. But, I didn’t know it was a musical going in but even then, that didn’t get in the way of me finding the whole thing to be just so so at best. 

I think that the whole bait and switch angle that studios are going for with movie musicals to be flat out stupid. I totally understand that m

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person  Nov 29 2023, 06:05:43 PM

To the OP,

I hate to break it to you, but, Stubhub did the right thing in the right way. They didn’t pay for your tolls or lunch or anything else that was part of your outing. I mean, yeah, it sucks that the seller cheated the system for their own financial gain but they refunded you in the end. 

As for Theatr app, I love it, there’s only one thing now that annoys me with the pay now feature. That is that you can’t get in touch with the seller. I have had,

The Gilded Tony Award Winners  Nov 16 2023, 10:25:25 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I can disconnect too. The difference here is that I can not trust a baron from the House of Lords to write a fair depiction of class. Same with Downton Abbey, which I did watch. He actually made the aristocrats of imperial Britain likeable and sympathetic. I'm not falling for that again."

Clearly you just proved you cannot disconnect the two. The aristocrats in Downton were meant to be liked since it was a tv show. That was the goal. You make

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You