Interesting call from NYTW

theatremom2
#1Interesting call from NYTW
Posted: 3/24/15 at 8:24pm

While looking for a donation, they ask about their shows to get you talking (and more likely to give). I had recently seen "The Events" based on the murder of 77 mostly young people on an island in Norway in 2011. I thought it was good but could have been much better. It employs an interesting concept, 2 characters; A woman vicar choirmaster who was leading her group when the shooting started and a man who plays multiple roles, including the perpetrator. This touring company uses local choirs wherevery they go. I felt the storyline was choppy and hard to follow. The NYTW caller stated that the play was orginally over 2 hrs long and they reduced it to 90 min so they could do it without an intermission. I don't think it served the piece and the playwright should complain...I also saw "The Invisible Hand" there, which was sensational

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Interesting call from NYTW
Posted: 3/24/15 at 8:58pm

Well, the playwright or his/her designee would have had to give permission to make the cut.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

15minutecall
#2Interesting call from NYTW
Posted: 3/24/15 at 9:08pm

As of at least last summer abroad, the show was one act.

Videos