pixeltracker

Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)

Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 4:15am

I know, I know: "C'mon, kid, there's a couple months before it gets announced!", but I'm VERY curious as to who you folks think will complete the quartet as 'Burrs' and 'Kate', respectively. Personally? I'd LOVE to hear what Raul could do with it. As for the latter? Oh, gosh. That's SO hard. Maybe Ms. Ashford? She'd TEAR "Life of the Party" up.

Thoughts?

Updated On: 4/9/15 at 04:15 AM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:58am

I like your suggestions!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#2Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 10:39am

Raul would be incredible! 

I think Lena Hall would be a kick ass Kate.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

Stew123
#3Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 10:52am

How about reuniting the Violet gang and get Colin Donnell for Burrs?

Kate's a tougher one. Hmm...

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#4Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 11:06am

I've also thought of Colin Donnell, but I'm not sure he'd be crazy and angry and deranged enough. What about Will Swenson? I listen to Brian d'Arcy James on the recording (especially during "Let Me Drown") remind me so much of what Will Swenson could do with the role.

As for Kate, I've thought about Alysha Umphress and Jessie Mueller. Both seem like wonderful choices with incredible big-belt vocal skills.

I also would love to see Nick Cordero as Eddie. Who would be a good Mae? After seeing Nick Cordero in Brooklynite, perhaps Remy Zaken, who was his teeny-tiny right-hand woman in that show.

In a perfect word, I'd love Julia Murney to play Madeline. I think she'd do "Old Fashioned Love Story" so well...

iluvtheatertrash
#5Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 11:17am

If Swenson does it, you can buy my ticket. I am not a fan at all. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Stephen Pasquale might be an inspired choice.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Stew123
#6Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/9/15 at 11:17am

Of course Colin could get crazy enough.  What about Orfeh for Kate?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#7Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/10/15 at 1:53am

B-U-M-P

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#8Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/10/15 at 1:40pm

I like the Alysha Umphress suggestion but then again, I think I'd see her in anything.

I don't get Will Swenson either but I think he could certainly act the role, just not sure about his singing.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#9Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/10/15 at 2:00pm

Ooh, I like the idea of Pasquale!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#10Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/10/15 at 2:14pm

Esparza seems tailor-made for Burrs. Interestingly enough he auditioned for Black in the LaChiusa version of THE WILD PARTY when it played Broadway, losing the role to Yancey Arias (how random?). In terms of Encores! people, Esparza and Donnell seem like strong choices. Donnell would probably welcome the chance to play against type.

I'd rather see Jessie Mueller as Queenie than as Kate. I could totally see Analeigh Ashford though I do know she's touring at some point so not sure about her availability.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#11Burrs and Kate (Encores! WILD PARTY)
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:26am

Kate is a tough one to cast, but I think Jessica Keenan Wynn (currently playing Cynthia Weil in Beautiful) would be great.

As for Burrs, Colin Donnell would be interesting. Or James Snyder...

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234