News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starcatchers

starcatchers Profile Photo
Member Name: starcatchers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katherine-Goldblum-photography/1017663598668
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jan 4 2024, 02:12:37 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Trey Curtis is replacing Cervantes as Alexander Hamilton."

Exciting. He is brilliant in the role.

London in February  Jan 1 2024, 06:10:57 PM

Musicaldudepeter said: "You will miss the Sondheim Old Friends, you idiot. I would see Nicole in Sunset. Not Rachel, though."

Sunset closes this weekend, so that unfortunately will not be an issue. 

Guys and Dolls (stand if you’re able, it’s so fun), Hadestown (depending on when you go), Operation Mincemeat 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Sep 16 2023, 12:05:13 AM

Hairspray0901 said: "While it seems like a unique night at the theatre, and I’m glad refunds were offered - I wonder how many people really paid upwards of $150 for only a 40 minute concert version rather than a 3 hour production? Oooof."

No one. Everyone was automatically refunded whether or not they stayed. 

Sag strike, what will happen to Sag members on Broadway?  Jul 13 2023, 10:22:43 PM

Not at all. There are specific contracts that are striking, and they have nothing to do with Broadway.

West End Newbie  Jul 4 2023, 12:01:25 AM

There is a TKTS booth in Leicester Square just like we have here, but you can also purchase ahead of time on https://officiallondontheatre.com/tkts/

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  May 10 2023, 02:17:50 PM

pablitonizer said: "Lot666 said: "pablitonizer said: "is that Cinderella showing up at the ball? But where's here rebellious and 'bad' aspect in that? She just looked like the regular cinderella character to me, can someone please elaborate?"

Yes, that was Cinderella who appeared in white at the end of the scene, and no, she wasn't supposed to look "bad" at that point - she was supposed to look conformist.
"

Remaining Covid Policies  May 9 2023, 11:08:35 PM

Testing requirements ended back in March. I haven't heard anything about vaccination mandates yet. 

Waitress @ Tribeca Film Festival  May 9 2023, 01:27:05 PM

Same, but since it's a Monday I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Waitress @ Tribeca Film Festival  May 9 2023, 01:17:51 PM

Also looking for that night! I did read that the venue will be selling cancellation/rush tickets. 

Esparza out of Oliver! on 5/7 7PM show......  May 9 2023, 12:53:31 PM

They mentioned in passing during the pre-show speech that they had understudies "in case of illness, which has happened tonight" or something to that effect, and since he's out again tonight, it feels like a safe bet to assume he's ill. Hope he feels better soon and is able to finish the run. Gavin was wonderful. 

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  May 9 2023, 12:43:19 PM

Gavin Lee will be on again as Fagin tonight at 7pm. 

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  May 8 2023, 12:59:49 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Gavin Lee will be on for Fagin tonight, per Instagram."

He was absolutely delightful, although so hard to hear at points (beyond the usual mixed bag of acoustics that City Center always is) to the point I wondered if they'd turned his mic down.

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 28 2022, 04:59:17 PM

Tonight was my only chance to go 😩

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Nov 1 2022, 12:29:20 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "For those who have received tickets via TodayTix digital rush:

Were the tix you received electronic, or did you have to go to the Sondheim and pick them up? And if they were electronic, are they transferable?
"

I did it yesterday. They are electronic and I see no reason why you couldn’t just screenshot the barcode and send it to someone. 

Palace Theatre construction  Oct 29 2022, 02:24:36 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Is that a rendering of what it'll look like post-reno? Have they changed anything in the theatre interior? I can't actually remember what it looks like in there, but that balcony seems HIGH and small."

That balcony always felt like it was on another planet entirely…

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Oct 29 2022, 01:44:50 AM

What an absolute, utter delight this was. Various stages of Covid cancelled multiple trips I had planned where I was supposed to see this in London, so tonight was nearly three years of waiting and holy crap, was it worth it. 

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device  Oct 13 2022, 02:09:42 PM

Ushers do nothing…is definitely theatre dependent. I’ve been to several shows in recent months (other than the one that employs me) and I’ve literally seen ushers run down the aisles to stop people. 

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device  Oct 13 2022, 02:01:35 PM

ACL2006 said: "Though to bring up Patti is interesting. As someone on Twitter said, "when Patti does it, people applaud her". Now some people on Twitter are saying Lillias should be either fired or suspended. Lillias likely feels terrible and probably had no clue it was a CC device. I don't think the house manager (or ushers) should be responsible for alerting the stage manager that someone is using a CC device during the show. I don't believe Lillias has posted an

Unpleasant theater audiences  Sep 18 2022, 10:01:33 PM

Hooo buddy, let me tell you about Six tonight…

A note: I’ve seen it several times, the audiences are always enthusiastic but generally pleasant. 

I was seated in the second row of the orchestra. Three men behind me talked and sang the ENTIRE show. I turned around multiple times to no avail. They (along with others) yelled back in response to Brittney Mack’s Cleves monologue, leaving her just kind of waiting for them to stop so she could go on.

SPRING AWAKENING Revival in the Works?  Aug 20 2022, 05:50:22 PM

The only place I’ve heard this rumour is one that needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt so I’m not really expecting it, but I’ll be interested to see if it does turn out to be true. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You