pixeltracker

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!- Page 4

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!

Theatre dweeb
#75THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 11:09am

Mattbrain said: "Too bad your opinion doesn't mean **** to me.

Is the purpose of these boards to impress you?

Theatre dweeb
#76THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 11:13am

I never got to see the show, so I'm really happy they're releasing a cast album. I was really hoping it would move to Broadway because, after watching the movie religiously, I always thought it would be a really good show. But, having never seen it, it may be a good thing it's not going to Broadway.  

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#77THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 12:02pm

That cover artwork is so disappointing! What was wrong with the Papermill artwork?

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#78THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 12:34pm

CATSNYrevival said: "That cover artwork is so disappointing! What was wrong with the Papermill artwork?"

It seems vaguely reminiscent of the film, but darker. Reminds me of the woodcut "angels in prayer" logo for the West End revival of JCS in the Nineties. I kind of like the logo; it reflects the current shape of the show pretty accurately. Now if only the final show was even remotely reminiscent of the film...

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#79THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 1:55pm

I just think the Papermill artwork struck a better balance of drama and frivolity that can be found in some of the lighter ensemble songs. That cover art is just giving me full on drama and I can't even tell what that red background is supposed to be. It looks like fabric that morphs into a generic grunge template. What is the point of that? The stained glass "O" is irritating as well. It's like the artist thinks they are being clever but the result is less than satisfactory.

Videos