News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatre dweeb

Member Name: Theatre dweeb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Would you fly two teens from CA to NY to see Hamilton?
 Nov 8 2015, 07:42:06 PM

My sister and I, (14 & 17) saw it together and loved it. We're both in American history right now, and it's helping both of us a lot. If you're ok with them being in the big apple alone, do it. 

What are you seeing this weekend?
 Nov 8 2015, 10:03:10 AM

I'll be waiting for the cast list of a show I auditioned for to come out, and also just watching bootlegs on YouTube. 

What do callbacks mean?
 Nov 8 2015, 09:59:21 AM

dramamama611 said: "I'm assuming this was for high school or community theater?

It is

Something Rotten Replacements
 Nov 7 2015, 09:02:47 PM

afaye11 said: "Just some fantasy casting...anybody else think that Jason Danieley could make a nice replacement for Brian D'arcy James?"

It's impossible to replace a god

What do callbacks mean?
 Nov 7 2015, 09:01:05 PM

I had an audition for Fame the musical today and felt really confident and thought it was one of my best auditions. I'm really hoping to get Serena, but callbacks are tomorrow and I still haven't heard back. What does this mean?

THE BANDSTAND coming to Broadway, 16/17 season
 Nov 5 2015, 06:04:43 PM

In actually pretty excited. I love Laura and Corey a lot, so im glad they'll be back on the great white way. I didn't get to see it, but I heard it needed some work, so hopefully waiting a year will give them time to clean it up so it does well in Broadway. 

Bad Theater Behavior
 Nov 4 2015, 06:03:08 PM

I hate when people use "I payed money to see this I can do whatever I want" as an excuse. These actors have worked so hard, and your completely ignoring what their doing and saying what you're doing is more important than a show they've spent years working on. UGH

Fame the musical audition song
 Nov 3 2015, 07:14:23 PM

An offer came up all of a sudden for fame the musical in 4 days and I've decided to take it. Most of the shows on my resume are "soft shows" (shrek, suessical, beauty and the beast), so I want to do a song from a edgier show for the audition. I'm a second soprano and I'm thinking about doing mama who bore me, but I was wondering if you guys had any better suggestions. 

Thanksgiving Parade 2015
 Nov 1 2015, 10:10:51 AM

Does anyone know when they will announce whose performing?

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
 Oct 31 2015, 11:13:47 AM

I never got to see the show, so I'm really happy they're releasing a cast album. I was really hoping it would move to Broadway because, after watching the movie religiously, I always thought it would be a really good show. But, having never seen it, it may be a good thing it's not going to Broadway.  

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
 Oct 31 2015, 11:09:24 AM

Mattbrain said: "Too bad your opinion doesn't mean **** to me.

Is the purpose of these boards to impress you?

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2015-2016 Season
 Oct 27 2015, 11:33:07 PM

This maybe a stupid question, but why is it a showbill for Aladdin instead of a playbill?

Billy Elliot reference in something rotten?
 Oct 26 2015, 11:49:42 AM

Ok, thank you for explaining it to me. The dancing dollar signs in dames at sea sounds hilarious!

Oct 26 2015, 11:49:29 AM

Ok, thank you for explaining it to me. The dancing dollar signs in dames at sea sounds hilarious!

Oct 26 2015, 11:16:27 AM

I'm going to assume that everyone on this board has scene both costumes. They're both built similar (can't see the face, full body costumes, inanimate objects), and they both tap dance. The song that has the eggs, something rotten/make an omelette, is full of refrences to other musicals. If it's not, just say no, don't be a jerk about it. We're all here because we love theatre. 

Oct 25 2015, 07:51:34 PM

Hahaha probably should reword that. The costume design was similar and they both tap danced around. Even though there's nothing related between dresses and eggs, is it a reference?

Oct 25 2015, 04:52:27 PM

I was watching the taping of billy Elliot and was wondering if the dancing omelettes in something rotten were a reference to the dancing dresses in expressing yourself. I know something rotten had a lot of references too musicals, but I wasn't sure if that was one of them.  

Broadway Halloween costumes
 Oct 24 2015, 06:46:11 PM

Anyone else wearing theatre-related costumes for Halloween? I'll be seizing the day as a newsies. 

Is Smash really that bad?
 Oct 19 2015, 11:12:46 PM

I finally finished watching smash and I personally loved it. While some of the ransoms breaking out into song was awkward and the first season was only ok, I thought it was good and shouldn't have been cancelled. *SPOILER ALERT* I also thought Kyle's death in season 2 was the saddest tv death in a while, so why was that so hated too? *END OF SPOILER ALERT* Was it really that bad?

Hamilton - How Many Tonys Will It Bag
 Oct 18 2015, 09:08:06 PM

All of them

ALL of them

ALL OF them

ALL OF THEM 

even best play

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You