pixeltracker

Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN- Page 2

Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#25Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:10am

I have never been to an Encores! Off Broadway show ... can someone please tell me what are they typically like quality wise, including scenery, costumes, lighting etc? 

Do the actors just stand there with the score in hand reading and singing from a microphone, or are the shows fully staged?  Is the level of preparation variable depending on the show?

ILuv2shop531
#26Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:31am

I was at Tick, Tick Boom! last summer and it was almost fully staged. The actors had scripts at some points but almost never refered to them. There were a few costume changes, and a rough set. Obviously, it was probably bare compared to what a real production would have but was still great. If you know that show, there is a scene in a diner and there was a whole set for that as well as some other prop pieces when called for. There were all kind of sound and light cues!

If you want a good example, this is a press video from Tick, Tick last summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJ7cu3r5-Y

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 10:31 AM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#27Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:36am

Thank you very much, that was very helpful.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#28Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:41am

For Encores in genereal, it really is amazing how much they're able to throw together and have it looks and feel so good, in so short a time! I think that applies to the summer series as well, but it's a bit more scaled down. I've seen only Tick Tick Boom and Pump Boys and Dinettes. So the huge orchestra of the regular Encores series seems to be missing (or, the works are chosen so that a large orchestra isn't needed). And I would stay the staging is simplified, compared to the regular Encores. I'm not familiar with the requirements of A New Brain, but I would predict that the show will be very well done.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 10:41 AM