pixeltracker

A View From the Bridge to Broadway- Page 4

A View From the Bridge to Broadway

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#75A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 10:29am

FYI on stage seating is now on sale! $50 for previews and jumps to $135 after opening night. Grabbed one for the first preview! :)

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#76A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 10:35am

LincTix has a good deal for this. Got row E in the mezz, seats 2-4, I believe.

I tried to get tickets for a range of dates, but it kept just offering me the very first date in my "range" and tried to give me row G, all the way to the extreme side. When I decided to only look at a specific performance later on (Dec 5) I was able to get the better seats.

ElleCarter3 Profile Photo
ElleCarter3
#77A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 10:55am

Hope they keep some of the stage seats for rush tickets.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#78A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:07pm

Can't beat a $50 stage seat when you're not a student! Bought a ticket for the second week of previews.

For the foot enthusiasts, I believe they do the show barefoot. Love all serve all!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#79A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 2:09pm

ElleCarter3 said: "Hope they keep some of the stage seats for rush tickets."

So you want to get up early, queue in line, wait for an hour or more, and buy a $50 seat for $35? Seems like you should just bite the bullet.

ElleCarter3
#80A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:03pm

haterobics said: "So you want to get up early, queue in line, wait for an hour or more, and buy a $50 seat for $35? Seems like you should just bite the bullet."

I won't be in New York until after press night. prices change to 135$ 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#81A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:01pm

ElleCarter3 said: "I won't be in New York until after press night. prices change to 135$"

Ahh, yeah that makes more sense than trying to save $15... A View From the Bridge to Broadway

The second and third rows of onstage seating didn't seem available for many of the dates I looked at?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#82A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:06pm

For those who have been lucky enough to see this production across the pond, what would you say is the best vantage point with the onstage seats? Something closer to center? Something farther down stage, closer to the orchestra section? Any insight greatly appreciated.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#83A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:10pm

I just assumed A1 would be best, since you're at the edge of the stage, no one in front of you, etc. I imagine most of the staging is directed out toward the house...

LimelightMike
#84A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:28pm

That's true. Just curious bevause, by all accounts, is being done "in a box"...

Updated On: 8/24/15 at 04:28 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#85A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:44pm

^ Girl, time to update your theatergoing schedule!

LimelightMike
#86A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 5:45pm

Lol. I'm aware. Been slacking with my sig.

Can anyone offer further perspective with regard to on stage seating?

everythingtaboo
#87A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 8:21pm

I don't know if this helps but there's a trailer and images from its recent NT Live presentation. I chose a seat in the middle stage, next to what I'm guessing is an aisle, because I didn't want to strain the neck. 

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout9-a-view-from-the-bridge

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

LightsOut90
#88A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/24/15 at 10:28pm

yeah i bought toward the "aisle" as based on what I've seen this was directed with the onstage seating in mind to make the actors feel their performing "in a box" 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#89A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 8/25/15 at 1:37am

There is a literal rail about a foot or so from the stage, surrounding their area, so they are literally performing within a boxed off area, so nothing is needed to make them feel that way.

That said, it is still staged with some people sitting on that rail, and such, so you'll have someone acting while facing you directly, but on the flip side, you'll also see the back of the person they are talking to.

I bought a whole front row section, so I can still decide whether sit on the lip of the stage, or the aisle, so I have options, heh.

Updated On: 8/25/15 at 01:37 AM

ElleCarter3
#90A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:41pm

Cast change! Michael Zegen replaces Emun elliott.

everythingtaboo
#91A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:51pm

ElleCarter3 said: "Cast change! Michael Zegen replaces Emun elliott.

"

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing him in the role. I do enjoy Zegen from Rescue Me and other stuff, so it's not a total loss.