pixeltracker

Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9- Page 2

Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9

aj88
#25Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/1/15 at 11:01am

"How would the plot twist keep someone from seeing it because it is surprised? 

I am , I would guess , a moderate. The twist did not bother me on the slightest. Never assume.

"

I would hope that the plot twist wouldn't offend most people...perhaps it is wrong of me to assume the worst.

ChiTheaterFan
#26Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 11:48am

Going to Jersey for work next week and debating taking the train in to catch this before it closes...  Decisions, decisions. 

enjoyable2
#27Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:01pm

Can someone who saw it post a spoiler alert and then explain what this plot twist is for those of us who won't ever see it?

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#28Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:03pm

"Can someone who saw it post a spoiler alert and then explain what this plot twist is for those of us who won't ever see it? "

I was going to PM it to you rather than post, but apparently you have PMs turned off.

So, you can read allll about it here: SPOILER ALERT

Updated On: 7/2/15 at 12:03 PM

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#29Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 3:35pm

As I said when I saw it at George Street, it's a  light and fun show.  The only thing I missed was the buffet before as it's a PERFECT dinner theatre show.  Broadway musical?  Not so much.  

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#30Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 3:50pm

I agree with that Patash

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

enjoyable2
#31Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/2/15 at 7:16pm

Thank you very much!

That was the  most preposterous and awful plot I have ever heard of.  In the old days, they would have put the "show closed" sign on the front door of the theater while they were still sweeping the stage. On opening night!   

Updated On: 7/2/15 at 07:16 PM

ChiTheaterFan
#32Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:31pm

While did not plan to see this today, I ended up sticking in NY an extra day due to United being a total mess all day, and I'm so glad I did. I can see why some may not have enjoyed it as the plot was a bit cheesy, but I positively adored it.  I had absolutely no interest in seeing it until I saw Lisa Howard perform at the Tony's, and she did not disappoint--particularly with that song.  I really loved her performance and connected with the character.  The audience ate it up and really cheered for her both after that number and at curtain call.  Everyone was laughing hysterically throughout almost the entire production (except the father/son dance number which was a little weird to me).  It was not a full house, but it was nice to see such a positive reception.  Everyone around me as I left the theater was buzzing about what a fun show it was with a lot of "I did NOT see that coming" comments.  Brilliant theater?  No, but such a fun evening and I'm glad I caught this before it closes.