pixeltracker

Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?- Page 3

Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#50Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/4/15 at 10:11pm

Some people have said my problems with the movie. Not only are the kids Disney Channel clones and uninteresting, but what have they done to the Disney villains is downright pandering. Jafar is unrecognizable with his weird, racist and fat body figure. Cruella is the stereotypical crazy, black woman (I don't care for Cruella, so w/e). The Evil Queen is really weird with botox and saying this like "BITTER PARTY OF ONE!" Maleficent was just...oh gosh, painful to watch! She's one of the best Disney villains because how she uses her evil. You can't mess with her (she cursed a ****ing baby, for crap's sake), but she's so graceful and elegant in demur. Watching her being a perky, prancing, snorting, Fosse-dancing god-knows-what whose idea of revenge is picking people's noses with wands and removing people's glasses just shows how little Disney today cares about Walt's legacy.

Thinking they can dumb down these villains to appeal to little kids and tweens is ridiculous. They know these characters! What's the point? It also shows how seriously Disney takes their audience.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#51Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/4/15 at 10:56pm

This is how I like my Maleficent!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#52Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/5/15 at 2:11pm

For people in this thread saying this is crap and questioning artistic choices etc, apparently you are not the target audience. Per BWW, the show delivered ratings for Disney!  But what a bunch of...lol

Free country they can write whatever opinion they have. Nobody tells then what to say, much less you.  Who made you the board police anyways??!  What a bunch of...hypocrisy.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#53Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/6/15 at 8:53pm

Sweet baby Jesus, how much money did they throw at Chenoweth for her to do this?

At this point she is definitely earning her Forbidden Broadway "Glitter and Be Glib" parody. 

Updated On: 8/6/15 at 08:53 PM

theaterfan15
#54Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/6/15 at 10:40pm

"Some people have said my problems with the movie. Not only are the kids Disney Channel clones and uninteresting, but what have they done to the Disney villains is downright pandering. Jafar is unrecognizable with his weird, racist and fat body figure. Cruella is the stereotypical crazy, black woman (I don't care for Cruella, so w/e). The Evil Queen is really weird with botox and saying this like "BITTER PARTY OF ONE!" Maleficent was just...oh gosh, painful to watch! She's one of the best Disney villains because how she uses her evil. You can't mess with her (she cursed a ****ing baby, for crap's sake), but she's so graceful and elegant in demur. Watching her being a perky, prancing, snorting, Fosse-dancing god-knows-what whose idea of revenge is picking people's noses with wands and removing people's glasses just shows how little Disney today cares about Walt's legacy.
Thinking they can dumb down these villains to appeal to little kids and tweens is ridiculous. They know these characters! What's the point? It also shows how seriously Disney takes their audience."

Someone who reviewed the film considered Chenoweth's portrayal closer to the original animated film's than Jolie's. 

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/blogs/alex-movie-blog/2015/07/27/7-27-descendants-dcom-review/

I thought Jolie was fine and she actually nailed the Christening scene in her film.

Here is a review that hits the nail on the head. 

http://io9.com/if-youre-an-adult-watching-disneys-descendants-drink-1721702933

Updated On: 8/6/15 at 10:40 PM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#55Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/7/15 at 1:03am

I just watched this and was laughing the whole time. I think it could have been decent if they took a less cartoony approach to the villains, making them more sinister and regal as they appear in the films, maybe very strict and the land of the good is seen as more laid back and fun? I don't know, there were just a lot of ill-conceived parts.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#56Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
Posted: 8/7/15 at 10:19am

I read the entire io9 recap as well as the extremely amusing comments section. I literally lol'd at a lot of parts. My favorite comment exchange...

Guy 1: "Disney already owns every idea in existence and every idea that we might think of in the future."

Guy 2: "We probably owe the Mouse $1.37 from this conversation alone."

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com