News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ado Annie D'Ysquith

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Member Name: Ado Annie D'Ysquith
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com
Blog Address: https://megameryl.tumblr.com/
Profile: Favorite shows- CAROUSEL, SHOW BOAT, MAME, NICE WORK, SWEENEY TODD, WAITRESS, NINE, COMPANY, FOLLIES, THE MUSIC MAN.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Diana Previews  Mar 10 2020, 11:23:57 AM

Not that it means anything, but I was just looking on Playbill and this show has a TON of producers.

SOME LIKE IT HOT Musical to Have World Premiere in Chicago in 2021  Mar 10 2020, 11:22:18 AM

I was in the cast of 54 SINGS SUGAR back in 2017, with Tony Roberts as a special guest...the evening was sold out and the audience ate it up. Granted, it was more a concert than a fully staged production, but I don't see why the original musical can't benefit from an Encores! or York Mufti treatment.

This could end up like Phantom, where one adaptation is a global phenomenon and the other fades into the "hidden gems" realm of the theatre canon.

Sondheim disco album to be released by Bway Records, 3/20  Mar 9 2020, 12:55:55 PM

The guy behind this, Joshua, follows me on Twitter, so I say kudos to him and extra thanks for the follow!

Looking for Theatre Podcasts that are NOT about musicals  Mar 9 2020, 12:45:52 PM

Playing on Air, do you accept submissions from emerging playwrights?

Broadway Roulette experiences  Feb 28 2020, 12:35:46 PM

I wish they would allow more than 4 cross-offs for musicals, but I understand that would defeat the purpose lol. I'm just pickier than many hardcore theatergoers. I still might try this out one day...$59 for a potentially hot show is hard to beat.

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 28 2020, 12:28:55 PM

$43 lottery/rush official! Already created my account- the hype is real

Link

MJ THE MUSICAL CASTING  Feb 28 2020, 11:08:17 AM

Who on Earth is Whitney Bashor playing?

DARLING GRENADINE previews  Feb 28 2020, 11:02:55 AM

Just out of curiosity, what does the Playbill for this show look like? Or is it just a printed program?

Diana A True Musical Story  Feb 26 2020, 02:33:23 PM

As I said, I have a friend in the cast, so I really hope I'm wrong, but this feels like the Amelie of the 2019-2020 season. A new musical telling a VERY European story transfers from California with some notable Broadway names, flies under the radar, and (perhaps) shutters on Broadway before too long.

Anybody Have Sunset Blvd Movie News  Feb 26 2020, 02:31:38 PM

Damnit, Olivia Colman! It's her fault this film will never come to fruition now...

Hahaha

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 26 2020, 09:46:04 AM

That Playbill cover almost made me cry tears of joy when I first saw it.

On that note, I'm still waiting for them to announce a lottery...

BLITHE SPIRIT film trailer with Dench, Stevens, Mann, etc.  Feb 26 2020, 09:41:56 AM

I just hope it's good so that Dame Judi won't have two consecutive career lows, after CATS...

Diana A True Musical Story  Feb 25 2020, 02:05:28 PM

Pretty sure these songs are still in the Broadway score and were in La Jolla too. I think "If" is supposed to be Diana's 11 o'clock number. In the show's defense, it's difficult to say what someone thought of herself when she is dead and can't be consulted. Then again, overcoming that challenge is part of the writer's job...

CAST RECORDINGS OF 2019: A PERSONAL LOOK  Feb 25 2020, 01:58:48 PM

Hello Jorge, long time no speak- I hope you are continuing to enjoy the content on my blog as well!

Easter Eggs in the Theatre District  Feb 24 2020, 09:34:57 AM

Let's not forget the ahmayzing Theatre Hall of Fame tucked away at the Gershwin, which you can only visit if you're seeing Wicked.

I was an exception- I went into the theatre more recently for Marin Mazzie's memorial and snapped a photo.

Alanis Released Her Version of SMILING  Feb 24 2020, 09:28:54 AM

Perhaps if ticket sales for the show start to wane, she'll pull a Sara Bareilles and step in as Mary Jane Healy.

I saw him at the party  Feb 21 2020, 02:16:30 PM

He was notably reported to have walked out of that show at intermission

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 21 2020, 02:15:44 PM

How random and "unusual." Wonder if there's tea to be spilled here.

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020  Feb 21 2020, 01:37:11 PM

I concur with those who've said that the hopefulness of the love story being lost, is a really bad thing. I have not seen the production, but as a writer, I wholly believe that balance is important when you are telling a story with as grand a scope as this one. It's part of the reason I despise the work of Sarah Kane and others like it...it's just too morbid/grim. I get nothing out of it but despair, which is not why I go to the theatre or make theatre, for that matter. There is a

Was Sondheim at the opening of west side last night  Feb 21 2020, 01:32:48 PM

I'm happy to hear that, it must mean he's recovering steadily from his fall.

Even if he hated the production as much as Be More Chill, there was no intermission for him to walk out during! Hahaha- only joking.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You