News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gavyj

gavyj Profile Photo
Member Name: gavyj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Deconstructing Patti and Seth Rudetsky Concert  Sep 23 2017, 04:51:12 PM

Curious if anyone who is going to the show tomorrow would be willing to report back on the setlist and such. 

Was there a role for Karen Olivo in Hamilton?  Jul 13 2016, 10:58:46 PM

Kad said: "I do think the role is perfect for Olivo, but to my knowledge she has never played the role in any formal incarnation of the show (meaning workshop, reading, etc. It's certainly possible that Miranda had her, like, come over and sing a song). Anika Noni Rose played the part prior to Renee, at the Vassar presentation three years ago, and I believe Mandy Gonzalez sang it at the Lincoln Center concert in 2012.  "

There is a recording o

Eden Espinosa as Evita?  Jun 28 2016, 03:52:55 PM

I'll just drag this thread up since it's happening...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/STAGE-TUBE-Eden-Does-Eva--Watch-Trailer-of-Espinosa-in-Studio-Tenns-EVITA-20160628

Blind  Nov 13 2015, 01:40:34 PM

madbrian said: "I feel quite confident that Renee Elise Goldsberry could play any role in Hamilton.

I'm quite confident that Renee could plat any role...ANY ROLE.

54 Below being renames (sort of?)  Sep 3 2015, 07:38:25 PM

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/54-below-renamed-feinsteins_74091.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=03sep2015

Thoughts?

Miley Cyrus was in talks to play Hedwig!  Aug 31 2015, 04:03:32 PM

FindingNamo said: "Being resistant to something new and different and being happy it's closing is definitely keeping with the message of the show. "

Flying monkey sues Wicked over fall  Aug 30 2015, 11:29:54 AM

luvbrdway said: "Did Idina sue when she fell?"

As for as I know, she didn't. She fell through a stage door on one of her last performances, correct?

Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?  Aug 6 2015, 08:53:19 PM

Sweet baby Jesus, how much money did they throw at Chenoweth for her to do this?

At this point she is definitely earning her Forbidden Broadway "Glitter and Be Glib" parody. 

Idina Menzel World Tour  Aug 6 2015, 08:51:54 PM

Some friends and I saw her in Raleigh about two weeks ago. She was in great voice and high spirits. The show was in an outdoor amphitheater downtown, and there were some noise issues (sirens and train passing), but Idina was very cool and funny about it. For instance, at the end of the "Love for Sale/Roxanne" number, the train passed slowly and she commented on how it added a dramatic effect.

Also, as others have mentioned, her inviting the audience to sing was really cool. She act

Who Deserves a Broadway House Named After Them?  Jul 29 2015, 09:48:41 AM

"Ethel Merman"

Merman is the major influence of contemporary Broadway, and I think she should be given an honor on the scale of a Broadway house.

An Actress as Hedwig  Jul 29 2015, 09:44:59 AM

"Is there some sort of benefit to having a woman play Hedwig? I admit that I don't see any payoff here, only novelty."

Yes. I totally agree with this. 

Meryl Streep in Master Class film  Jul 23 2015, 04:23:32 PM

"I blame Faye Dunaway."

Always an appropriate response. I mean, it worked for ALW until she sued him.

Meryl Streep in Master Class film  Jul 23 2015, 01:20:31 PM

Last summer, HBO announced that it was going to produce a film of Master Class starring Meryl Streep and directed by Mike Nichols. But with Nichols' passing, it seems like the project has been put on hold. Does anyone have any updates?

Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days  Jul 9 2015, 11:42:51 AM

"I picture her like this
"

...and then launching into her "Who Do You Think You Are?" aria.

Favorite scores since 2000  May 28 2015, 03:03:47 PM

1. Next to Normal

2. Spring Awakening

3. Wicked

4. Book of Mormon

Idina Menzel to Reprise Leading Role in If/Then tour  May 7 2015, 10:56:04 PM

This is amazing. I really wish that I would be able to attend one of those performances.

Audra sings Evita  May 2 2015, 12:15:44 AM

She sounds better than a number of actresses who played that role. It's not as belty as I like "Rainbow High" but it certainly isn't a "miss." Plus it is just a fun song for her to do in concert, I think.

Betty Buckley's I'm Still Here  May 1 2015, 12:56:05 AM

I'm not really fond of her acting with this song. It's just a bit overdone.

"...then you're camp"

Audra sings Evita  May 1 2015, 12:47:29 AM

Audra performed "Rainbow High" from Evita last night in concert. Seth Rudetsky must be dying from joy right now. Here is a short video clip as well as the full audio (I don't own either). 

Video: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/STAGE-TUBE-Audra-McDonald-Performs-EVITA-20000101

Audio: http://oppreciate.tumblr.com/post/117784059224/maryflynn-this-happened-if-youre-not

I think she sounds phenomenal (as always). Wouldn't it be great for her and Patti to sing it together -- a dueling diva duet, perhaps?

What does everyone else think?

John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 05:23:34 PM

Excellent news, and very well deserved. JCM is brilliant, and he deserves many more awards for his work with Hedwig.

This does, for me, bring up the conversation about the Tony's having categories for replacement actors. Don't the Olivier's honor some replacement actors? I think some replacements bring so much to roles that they need the opportunity to win something. Notable examples include JCM, Peters and Stritch in Night Music, etc.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You