pixeltracker

Cell phone hell at Shows for Days; Ms. LuPone remains silent - Page 7

Cell phone hell at Shows for Days; Ms. LuPone remains silent

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#150Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:30am

pumbaaj-why would a theatre "plan" an interruption when the same thing happens without planning at half the shows (or more) every night? The addiction to conspiracy theories in these parts is almost as bad as the addiction to cell phones.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#151Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days
Posted: 7/13/15 at 10:32am

re staging these events to generate publicity. That type of thing would make me less interested in seeing the show, not more.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#152Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days
Posted: 7/13/15 at 11:09am

"I hate to sound skeptical, but is there a chance these interruptions are pre-planned  by the theater to generate publicity? In this world of fake reality shows, it's something that crosses my mind."

What makes you think LuPone would ever agree to go along with something like that?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#153Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days
Posted: 7/13/15 at 12:26pm

well Lupone certainly did what she did for the publicity but that's not the same as saying that the offense was staged by LCT. In fact, what she did (and I am not criticizing it) was more of a disruption that the offense. (Bear in mind that it involved texting and not a ringing cellphone.)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#154Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:42pm

Not Patti, but Bertie Carvel reportedly told someone to turn off their cell phone at his show, recently

https://twitter.com/evaedmondo/status/624708613915979777