Next at the Lyric

ivandixon2
#25Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 1:15pm

Updated On: 9/8/15 at 01:15 PM

BroadMagTech
#26Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 2:40pm

What were the names of the actors involved? If X-Mas Carol is dead then can we know?

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#27Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 2:49pm

Given the history of the star-studded Xmas Carol production - I have a difficult time believing it ever was going to happen - although, I guess for guaranteed money to the actors, a paycheck is a paycheck.  It does sound like the talent agency was doing a good job for its talent by seriously questioning the financing and plans .  I think we'll see Rebecca or Nutty Professor long before there is a star-studded Xmas Carol.  

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#28Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 3:09pm

Ivan, I think the expression I used was "pipe dream" and I suspect this all was largely the product of the imaginative mind of some low level employee at some agency who heard a sliver of a conversation. (Won be the first time.) Or maybe yours. The fact that you suggest you are privy to not only the agency info but also to info from multiple other sources taxes one's credulity. I think someone is feeding you a hill of beans.

ivandixon2
#29Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 3:32pm

Updated On: 9/8/15 at 03:32 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#30Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 3:45pm

Ivan, I see huge red flags in that scenario-a lot of wishful thinking that no seasoned theatre professional would engage in. I do realize that lunatics sometimes run the asylum around here but (to reconfirm) I think it was a wack idea. And I also can't imagine how that same agent source would have intimate details about Sinatra or Lord of Dance as well... But carry on Next at the Lyric

ivandixon2
#31Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 3:53pm

Updated On: 9/8/15 at 03:53 PM

BroadMagTech
#32Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/2/15 at 5:09pm

deleted

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 05:09 PM

BroadMagTech
#33Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:25am

So that means that Sinatra is still possible?

ivandixon2
#34Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:54am

Updated On: 9/8/15 at 11:54 AM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#35Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:50pm

Every single piece of information on this thread seems inconsistent and pulled out of thin air. I'll believe all of this when I see a press release. Until then... 

BroadMagTech
#36Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 2:50pm

Untill we have conformation, it is just rumors. But going back to Cirque, do we think it will be a flop, or a success?

miminy Profile Photo
miminy
#37Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 7:04pm

Jackie Hoffman tweeted "River dance is taking over our theater..."
That's a pretty good source.

BroadMagTech
#38Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 8:24pm

that's good enough for me

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#39Next at the Lyric
Posted: 9/3/15 at 8:28pm

"The $100M production of IRIS was suppose to play for ten years at the LA Kodak and lasted just over a year, sometimes playing to less than a hundred people."

Far be it from me to say anything nice about Cirque going into a Bwy house (even this one) but comparing LA to NY or one show to another is the height of apples to oranges to lemons to grapefruits.

Videos