pixeltracker

SHUFFLE ALONG being billed a Revival, Casting, Previews (Prices), etc.- Page 3

SHUFFLE ALONG being billed a Revival, Casting, Previews (Prices), etc.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#50SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/5/16 at 9:14pm

Eliva1 said: "Just having De Ja Vu . I just feel this will be another Women on a Verge. I am just waiting for reviews."

WTF. how are they even remotely similar? Besides both having Brian Stokes Mitchell?

Eliva1
#51SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/5/16 at 10:20pm

They were both crowded with Tony Winners and that could be be to the determent 

sephyr
#52SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/5/16 at 10:45pm

Anybody know if there will be a general rush/student rush?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/5/16 at 11:31pm

Eliva1 said: "They were both crowded with Tony Winners"

I mean...yes, but I'm doubtful that Women on the Verge flopped because it was chock-full of Tony winners. Shuffle Along seems to have far greater immediate appeal, both with its racial and historical elements. I even had a friend who's completely disinterested in theatre ask me the other day about this "big new tap musical" coming to Broadway this spring...called Shuffle Along. Seems like it's already getting good traction.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#54SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/5/16 at 11:40pm

Women on the Verge suffered from an overblown production and book, both elements were overly ambitious. The score was and is a marvel. The cast was very good, although some had issues with Sherie's performance. 

Eliva1
#55SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:48am

ljay889 said: "Women on the Verge suffered from an overblown production and book, both elements were overly ambitious. The score was and is a marvel. The cast was very good, although some had issues with Sherie's performance. 

That is exactly what I think SA would be.  So many tony winners is like to many cooks in the kitchen

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#56SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 1:07am

If I am correct, Lupone and Mitchell were the only Tony Winner in "Women on the Verge..". Yazbek and Lane were nominated as was Benanti.  So I don't think crowded is correct.

As stated, the "crowd" was not the problem with that show. And I agree that the score is wonderful. 

I have just had a feeling that this show might  open and steal some thunder from HAMILTON. I just feel Wolfe knows what he is up against and is up to the task. That is just my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#57SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 1:13am

Benanti already had her Tony for Gypsy by then. SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#58SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 1:37am

Sorry. Add her to the crowd then.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#59SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 1:58am

Updated On: 3/6/16 at 01:58 AM

Eliva1
#60SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices) AUDRA
Posted: 3/6/16 at 4:06am

No but buying having lots of good actors. You as a writer have to know how to let them all shine with compromising on book.