Misery tickets

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#25Misery tickets
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:07pm

As I said before, I have no interest in Willis but adore Laurie.  I agree that the violence and suspense of this story will be difficult to  portray on stage and also because we already know how it ends.  It will be interesting to see how they approach it but not for full price.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

bfreak
#26Misery tickets
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:31pm

mc1227 said: "As I said before, I have no interest in Willis but adore Laurie.  I agree that the violence and suspense of this story will be difficult to  portray on stage and also because we already know how it ends.  It will be interesting to see how they approach it but not for full price.

I feel exactly the same way. I would pay maybe $50-$60 but not full price. I love the story and movie, but despise Bruce Willis. Not really too familiar with Metcalf's work.

"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27Misery tickets
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:33pm

Not everyone knows how it ends.  And I actually forgot a lot.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#28Misery tickets
Posted: 10/6/15 at 9:27pm

mc1227 said: " we already know how it ends."

Unlike Fun Home, Hamilton, Aladdin, Phantom, Amazing Grace, Beautiful, Finding Neverland, Gentleman's Guide, Jersey Boys, King & I, Lion King, School of Rock, and Wicked? Not much surprise what happens when you see any of those, either...

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#29Misery tickets
Posted: 10/6/15 at 9:42pm

Except for the Disney movies you mentioned, none of the others were an Academy Award movie seen by millions.  I think that's quite a  difference in this particular production and add that Shaiman's movie score enhanced the suspense of the story quite a bit. That will be very hard to replicate.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.
Updated On: 10/6/15 at 09:42 PM