pixeltracker

JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?- Page 2

JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#25JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 1:39am

okay whew, i was gonna say i thought her first two albums both debuted at number one. It would be a little "tired" if, say, he tried to get a single on a Britney Spears album. Ariana Grande makes perfect sense for him given she appeared in a show of his.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#26JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 3:08am

Well I for one have no issue with JRB apparently only caring about money if the outcomes of which continue to be as enjoyable as his Tony Award winning score for BRIDGES. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 5/24/16 at 03:08 AM

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#27JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 3:43am

Her first album also debuted at number one, so wouldn't that technically make her debut her breakthrough?

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

aaaaaa15
#28JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 4:07am

CindersGolightly said: "Her first album also debuted at number one, so wouldn't that technically make her debut her breakthrough?"

Her first album did well but her second album is what made her a household name in my opinion, especially with singles like Problem, Break Free and Bang Bang. I guess it's a matter of opinion but she definitely became more famous.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#29JRB writing a musical for Ariana Grande?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 4:14am

I agree with that, I feel like her first album did well but there weren't any huge singles like her second album.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Videos