pixeltracker

american crime vs American crime story- Page 3

american crime vs American crime story

hork Profile Photo
hork
#50american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/10/16 at 4:42pm

EricMontreal22 said:Horse, AVCLub is one of the few sites like this that more often than not has worthwhile comments in their comments section I find

Really? In my experience it's just the opposite. I can't read the comments on that site anymore, they're so obnoxious. Everyone thinks they're a comedian (they're not) and/or posts petty little attacks against something the writer said.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#51american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:52pm

Jordan Catalano has a very cool vibe on this board.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#52american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/10/16 at 11:22pm

It might depend on your take--and that I tend to comment on shows (like AC) that get fewer comments.  I'm EricHenwood-Greer there (I was recently told I made a mistake using my full name--but it's been ok, with just a few random fb **** comments).

I loved the ending.  Mostly.  It made me a little bit mad that we had so much going on character and plot wise with this (and the previous) episode that it made me feel more emotionally detached in scenes I felt I should have been more invested in (I plan to re-watch it, so this might change).  OK, loved might be the wrong word--I appreciate that Taylor accepting the plea deal (at least I strongly think he will) is true to how he feels now, but I still personally think it's a mistake... But it's true to the character (damn this show).

I wish the show had narrowed its focus in the final episodes to the focus the first episodes had--namely on Eric and Taylor's stories. 

SalonKitty at AVClub (maybe everyone there chose their real names? :P ) posted an interesting link to an interview with Ridley.  I'll post the quote she linked to and the link to the interview:

Here's a really good interview with Ridley from Variety:

So how should we interpret that ambiguous ending? We don’t know which path the boys choose.

"With Trayvon Martin, we know something happened. We know he is dead,
but there will always be supposition, what that encounter really
was. For these two young men, there will always be supposition in terms
of their encounter. In terms of what we were doing, unfortunately many
times in true sexual assault cases — for me it was less about solving it
and laying blame and saying this is exactly what happened. The
problem is people, often times young people in particular, get into
situations where what happened can be gray. This is going to carry with
them for the rest of their lives, and nobody should have to live with
accusation or victimization. But unfortunately the system is not built
to resolve these things. That’s what I wanted to get into in the end. It
would have been disingenuous for the kind of storytelling we do if we
found out one of those boys was a liar. Their truth is their truth. And
we see that happen all the time. All we can do is take the evidence
that’s on the surface. What we weren’t going to do is try to indict one
or the other. To say, “This person did it,” it would have been a little
manufactured to have a real ending where one did it and the other is a
liar. When we were coming to the end, (executive producer) Michael
(McDonald) said, “John, you’re a novelist. You’ve got to write this like
it’s a novel.” To me, that’s the ending that has a bit more literature
than a more straightforward television ending."

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/american-crime-finale-recap-john-ridley-1201725995/

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#53american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:31am

Yeah, that interview with Ridley that Eric posted is worth reading.  For me, the show lost its way a little in the last three episodes.  I think they bit off more than they could chew.  Maybe if they had a full 60 minutes of commercial free time things wouldn't have felt so rushed and disjointed as it has in the last three eps.  The scene with Eric and his brother at the breakfast table was incredibly moving - especially when his brother tried to talk about the time, as kids, they got on their bikes and tried to run away to Chicago.  It made me wonder if - of course, we'll never know - that was what Joey was thinking of doing with his Grindr hookup - leave town for good.  Either way, I have no problem with the ambiguous ending - especially after reading Ridley's comments.  It was definitely the right way to end things.  It was also a beautifully shot sequence and both Connor Jessup and Joey Pollari (wow, what great casting with both of them!) said so much with their expressive eyes.  

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#54american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/11/16 at 1:19am

I agree (shockingly :P ) with you. 

It seems weird to say for such a gut wrenching show--a show that literally kept me up all night after most of the episodes, but I will miss it.  And will think, as cheezy as it sounds, a lot about what happened to Taylor and Eric.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#55american crime vs American crime story
Posted: 3/11/16 at 1:33pm

I agree that I wanted more focus on Eric and Taylor in the last few episodes. I felt like too much focus was put on the hacker and the teacher that broker up the minority fight. I think the last scene had to do with decisions we make and how they affect our future and destiny, And how making the same kinds of decisions over and over again our lives never change,

Videos