Fox's next live musical

rjm516
#75Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:08am

Omg Joey Gordon Levitt in Guys & Dolls would be a dream! 

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#76Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:57am

Annie Get Your Gun, starring Kelly Clarkson and Blake Shelton

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

BWayBound115 Profile Photo
BWayBound115
#77Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:18am

I think this would be the perfect opportunity to do Singin' In The Rain with Derek Hough.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#78Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 3:29pm

The more I think about it, Fox will probably go for something everybody TODAY knows, and that doesn't necessarily mean a Broadway musical.

I could see them doing a live adaptation of the movies "Footloose" or "Saturday Night Fever" or "Flashdance" (all watered down) before many of the potential Broadway shows mentioned. And I don't mean their existing stage adaptations, I mean doing the film version "live."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Jarethan
#79Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 7:04pm

ljay889 said: "Bye Bye Birdie with Jennifer Lopez as Rosie. Maybe NPH as Albert?

I think that is a GREAT idea.  Personally, I ampraying they don't do WSS, because I am sooooooooo sick of WSS.  Also, didn't Steven Spielberg option that for a remake??

To me, the biggest challenge in selecting a show is the score...is the audience familiar enough with the score and does it have some well known songs early on?  I may be wrong, but -- unless it is famous, it won't get past the first commercial if it doesn't have some great, somewhat familiar songs right up front.

I have to admit that I taped The Wiz specifically so I could skip some of the many mediocre songs in that show.  I was surprised that the audience stayed with the show because I thought it was deadly boring in much of the first half.  

I would love to see them do She Loves Me -- I remember a wonderful British version from probably 30-35 years ago and thought it was very well suited to the small screen.  It won't happen unless Hugh Jackman or NPH decide to do it and can convince someone like Anne Hathaway or (who?)to join them, because it does not have enough name recognition.  Think of the incredible supporting cast they could have.  Maybe if PBS...

"

Videos