pixeltracker

And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???- Page 6

And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#125And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 8/1/16 at 10:44pm

Just watched the videos on Broadwaywest.net. At The Ballet was beautiful. Probably the best sung version in a long time. Mara Davi, IMO, is the best Maggie since Kay Cole. Zimmerman was fine as Sheila, as was Kelsey Watson as Bebe. Poor J. Elaine(Connie), she just seemed to be marking everything including her monologue. Krysta Rodriquez did well as Diana, much better than her Bebe in the revival. The opening in general seemed slightly sloppy, with some ACL alumni just looking off from the rookies. Now let's get to M&TM. That adlibbing was annoying & Bowden seemed to add way too many "extras" to the dance. Her turns down the line at the end were beautiful though, even throwing in some triples. I also thought she over did it during the "One rehearsal". I have to wonder if she was the best Cassie available. Just hoping the entire "Montage" pops up shortly. Choreography wise it seemed like Baayork said to the cast, "well you guys know what you're doing, so just go for it".

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#126And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:39pm

CukorLover said: "I've never been a fan of a chubby VAL. But she does have spunk.

I was there last night and it wasn't my favorite performance either... but to talk about her body is a low blow. She was clearly giving it her all despite whatever it was she was battling vocally or otherwise. I'll save my critiques for offline. 

You ACL purists getting angry about bows are cracking me up though.

#127And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 8/2/16 at 12:50am

I had a fun time at the show but as others have stated, I had a bit of a problem with Sabrina as Val. Se is a very talented girl just miscast. Mara was AMAZING! I also enjoyed some of the performances given by others. Overall a fun time at the theatre

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#128And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 8/2/16 at 1:05am

Popular said: "CukorLover said: "I've never been a fan of a chubby VAL. But she does have spunk.

You ACL purists getting angry about bows are cracking me up though
"

It's hilarious .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

BWNUT
#129And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:09am

Was there Saturday night.  Good show but totally distracted by a loud concert or  some sort of party near the Bowl.  What the hell was that? And lots of empty seats where I was sitting. 

Updated On: 8/3/16 at 04:09 AM